Stars set to return

I see nothing to suggest their is any wiggle room in the 33%. quite the opposite in fact.

The wages are pinned AFAIK at around 6m this season? If that is 33% of the turnover, the latter would be 18m. Maybe I am wrong, but I would assume that even next year - no matter where we'll play - the turnover will be greater than that.

As for CFC, last season they made a healthy profit of 180k. This season they are sure far better off, selling Ki and running amok in the CL. Perhaps they keep some of those millions in the bank, as there is sure no certainty that they make the next CL group stage, or the one after that.

Yes because I can't remember any other Rangers manager having done the same. He must be pi$h if he has to resort to that :facepalm:

And look where it got us, but by all means carry on the stupid and pointless practice instead of actually building team.

And look where it got us, but by all means carry on the stupid and pointless practice instead of actually building team.

We won the title 3 years on the trot with a high wage bill while Lloyds kept spending in check. We were successfully reducing the debt over that period. The wage bill can be high as long as it's sustainable. The wage bill didn't cause the problems for the club. It exasperated them but it was poor decisions from the clubs owners which caused the problems in the first place.

I don't think we'll be paying either of them £15k a week if we've got a choice in the matter, but at the end of the day if that's the contracts we gave them and we end up stuck with them then we can either pay the wages and play them or pay them off and get nothing in return.

We won the title 3 years on the trot with a high wage bill while Lloyds kept spending in check. We were successfully reducing the debt over that period. The wage bill can be high as long as it's sustainable. The wage bill didn't cause the problems for the club. It exasperated them but it was poor decisions from the clubs owners which caused the problems in the first place.

I don't think we'll be paying either of them £15k a week if we've got a choice in the matter, but at the end of the day if that's the contracts we gave them and we end up stuck with them then we can either pay the wages and play them or pay them off and get nothing in return.

So we spunked millions to more or less win the SPL, if that's what we are going to continue to do then we won't last long.

So we spunked millions to more or less win the SPL, if that's what we are going to continue to do then we won't last long.

We "spunked" millions to do the job at home and have a side able to get into and possibly beyond the group stages of the CL. As any other club with ambition does and will do.

We "spunked" millions to do the job at home and have a side able to get into and possibly beyond the group stages of the CL. As any other club with ambition does and will do.

And how often did that practice actually work, do you think we got the proper return, a sensible club would build from the ground up instead we spend at the top on a gamble and more often than not it didn't pay off and we end up in the shit.

A sensible club wouldn't be reliant on getting the CL money to keep it turning over, the policy of we must spend big to get to the CL so we can get that money back is just bloody stupid.

But again by all means keep on spending money we don't have I'm sure it will be a different result from the last time, what is they say if you want to know the future just look at the past a lot of people inside Ibrox need to take that on board.

Any other club of ambition after what we went through would sit down take stock and make sure it never happens again by putting in place a proper system of home grown talent and good scouting to buy cheap and sell for a profit to build a team that doesn't have to cost a bloody fortune.

I would've thought coming from Germany you would look at Dortmund and even though we might not be able to follow them step by step there is a club that sat down and looked at what went wrong and fixed it.

Edited by GovanAllan

i disagree. its closer to say we wont pay those kind of numbers than can't

We probably could in the SPL and with European football but it would be madness otherwise - IPO monies or not.

Ergo, as it stands we can't afford them so I'd expect both to agree to mutually terminate their contracts in the next month or two.