Stars set to return

ALLY McCOIST has hinted that he wants Carlos Bocanegra and Dorin Goian back at Rangers next season.

The international defenders went out on loan after the reformed Ibrox side was relegated to the Third Division. US skipper Bocanegra has played 20 times at relegation-threatened Segunda Division side Racing Santander.

And Romanian stopper Goian joined Serie B outfit Spezia but has had an unhappy time in Italy and wants a Gers return.

The duo have a year to run on their Ibrox deals and McCoist hopes to reunite them, whatever division the club finds itself in next term.

He said: â??The two are under contract. You have seen us enough to let yourselves answer that question. We need players.â?

McCoist also wants fresh faces with Killie No1 Cammy Bell already penning a pre-contract to join on September 1.

Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law could join him along with Dundee United striker Jon Daly.

SunSport revealed McCoist jetted to Panama City last week in a bid to forge links with clubs there and in Honduras and Mexico.

He said: â??It isnâ??t going to change much next year in we can only bring free transfers in. Weâ??re not back to a level playing field.

â??Everyone should remember we donâ??t know what division weâ??ll be in so some players wonâ??t fancy it and those who do fancy it are free transfers.â?

McCoist wants a decision made on league reconstruction â?? and when it will happen.

He added: â??My guess would be itâ??s too late for change for next season unless itâ??s a dramatic change â?? and, by that, I mean we donâ??t know whatâ??s going to happen with some SFL1 clubs.

â??But we need to know sooner rather than later.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4869285/Stars-set-to-return.html#ixzz2PFzPs42I

don't worry green won't spend a penny he doesn't have to. which is ideal for now......

bet ally moaned about a level playing field with a straight face as well.

I'm unsure if you're backing Green or Ally's stance with these couple of posts. :)

neither ate what we need to get back where we belong at the top of the pile and the sooner they go the better.

Come on now, Green has been in the role less than a year, and we need some boardroom stability for a change. Even if we get our wish on Ally that'll be him having had two seasons as manager coupled with his years as Walter's 'apprentice'.

By all means question but it's harsh to call for Charles' head right now.

Come on now, Green has been in the role less than a year, and we need some boardroom stability for a change. Even if we get our wish on Ally that'll be him having had two seasons as manager coupled with his years as Walter's 'apprentice'.

By all means question but it's harsh to call for Charles' head right now.

Something about Rangers and what makes us tick - through all of our success there have been plenty of changes at board room level. Only a few have radically affected the club.

What we do have throughout our history is a habit of sticking by our managers. We don't chop and change them as many clubs do. When I read comments on various threads suggesting managers we could bring in to replace Ally as a stop gap it really makes me cringe.