It's obvious who we have to get in...

Pressley is over-rated as a player.

The fact he's held in such high regard at Tynecastle is more due to his leadership qualities than what he can bring to a football match.. BUT..

He's EXACTLY what we need in that sense.

It's just a crying shame that to find a player like that, we're needing to look at a player in the twilight of his career, rather than having some towering centre half banging on the manager's door asking to be promoted from the youth side.

no thank you .... no the player i'd have (short term or not )

Del.

and why not? would you rather we go for a high priced defender we can't afford only to find out he can't cut it in the spl? is elvis better than malcolm, fan fan or andrews for that matter? what we need is somebody who's good in the air (elvis) somebody who commands the box (elvis) and somebody who can actually come up for a corner/free kick who can score (elvis).

ps

OH And somebody that can actually score against celtic ffs.

Well as i've said before i'd snap him up give half a chance and give him 18 month deal were we to get him in January. Sure he's not the best positionally and he never was the quickest player but this would be offset by his leadership and organistion at the back and his never say die spirit. As someone said earliar, he's very much like Colin Hendry, another Braveheart if you will. Hopefully he could also bring on Svensson as I feel he could become a great player for us, just at the moment he looks bereft of all confidence. If we could get him AND Russell Anderson.....ahhh stop dreaming Malky...lol

Malky

Guest The_Rock

Would love Pressley or Anderson , wouldent brake the bank and were getting a reliable player , seems an obvious choice for me , no doubt murray and PLG wont see it though .