BBC Scotland report NO titles to be stripped but are fined £250K

Grant Russell@STVGrantSimply put, the SPL have made an error in interpreting their own rules on player registrations. Players were eligible http://bit.ly/YBDYPC

That's it in a nutshell for me, they didn't know their on rules and the admin error should've been brought to light long ago. A quick word to keep it right in the future and on we go.

The bottom line is, throughout this whole affair, Rangers have never deliberately broken any rules or laws.

SDM's hubris led him to sail us a bit closer to the wind than he should have with the tax minimisation, but that's all.

Charles Green says his decision to refuse to allow Rangers to be stripped of titles in the summer has been “justified” by the verdict of an SPL commission.

Having purchased the club’s assets in the summer, the chief executive was asked to surrender league trophies in return for the new company being transferred the oldco’s membership of the Scottish FA.

Green refused to agree, with the membership then being transferred subject to a different set of conditions.

A commission chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith ruled on Thursday that players were ineligible to play for Rangers between 2000 and 2011, but the club has retained five leagues won during that period.

“This justifies me not rolling over at the start of the season when I was asked to sign documents accepting title stripping,” Green told STV.

“It would have been easy for me to sign that and say I accepted it. But I wasn’t willing to do that.

“There is no guilt on Rangers Football Club. The guilt and the fine is on the old company."

The SPL commission ruled a £250,000 fine should be imposed on the Rangers oldco, with Green's newco not liable to pay.

Green continued: “It is nigh on impossible for the liquidator to accept these kind of liabilities for the old company at this stage.”

“Now justice has been served. The real question that should be asked is where the justification was in wasting all of this cash, in times of hardship,and the SPL pursuing this case which was in nobody’s interest.”

Resign now Regan and Doncaster.