Why was ex-Celtic media man Tony Hamilton at the Rangers game on Saturday?

Come on mate, do you really believe that?

This all started with the perma-offended Thims, everybody was quite happy with the 90 mins of bigotry and away home to your Catholic or Protestant wives and pals. They opened this can of worms and did it in such a way as we are the only ones being held to their rules.

Quite outstanding work from them, and we all fell hook line and sinker for it.

It's not just a Catholic/Protestant thing though. Whether you like it or not, these days we live in a far more "politically correct" society.

For example, there are jokes that you used to be able to get away with saying at work that would get you fired nowadays.

That's just how it is.

Serious problem get a grip, its not been a problem never mind serious for years, stop believing Timmy propaganda.

I had thought/hoped we had moved on from the "up to our knees" pish to be perfectly honest but obviously not going by Saturday and a few recent away matches.

I had thought/hoped we had moved on from the "up to our knees" pish to be perfectly honest but obviously not going by Saturday and a few recent away matches.

Tell me what's more dangerous?

Celtic singing FTQ Go Home Ya Orange Hun Bastard for 90 minutes then off home.

Rangers singing FTP ya F****** Mhanky scumbag for 90 minutes then off home.

Or the dangerous bastards who have stirred up a situation that was more or less fading away?

It's not just a Catholic/Protestant thing though. Whether you like it or not, these days we live in a far more "politically correct" society.

For example, there are jokes that you used to be able to get away with saying at work that would get you fired nowadays.

That's just how it is.

So because some overly offended person complains that makes them right, I hate the fact its so PC today.

It's used today just for people to whine about something that offends them, well their whining offends me where is my right to tell them to shut up and get a life.

So because some overly offended person complains that makes them right, I hate the fact its so PC today.

It's used today just for people to whine about something that offends them, well their whining offends me where is my right to tell them to shut up and get a life.

Yeah, whiners are annoying.

keeping up just fine pal, maybe misread your quote though, perhaps you could explain the "what on earth is wrong with that bit?" question you asked?

Were you referring to the "you can sing no pope of Rome to your hearts content " part or was it the " add on about fucking you rosary beads." bit, not sure.

ta much.

yeah, what is wrong with it? because someone happens to find it offensive, as stupid as that is, it means rangers fans will never change? what i think of any religious cult has absolutely hee haw to do with how or why i support my football team. unlike others, i am able to seperate football and religion so dont say because i dont find that line offensive that rangers fans will never move on, that is most unfair on me and rangers fans in general. it has nothing to do with the rangers i support or the rangers i want to support.

i find frankie boyle offensive, is he illegal? no i find celtic fans singing about the ira offensive, is that illegal? no i find eggs offensive, can we outlaw eggs? no. i find the catholic church offensive, can we close it down? no. i find celtic football club offensive, can we close that down? of course not.

what one person finds offensive another person may find humerous or acceptable.

exactly mate. its pathetic.

Take it that was aimed at me, seems the personal stuff is flying about freely these days on Gersnet.

Will need to remember this in future.

What's personal about that!?

People who strategically play the PC card draw attention away from those who are genuinely on the receiving end of abuse.

They're as bad as the perpetrators and contribute to the probalem just as much.

I'm honestly not trying to be a smart-arse here, but it's incredibly simple:

"Rosary beads are a fashion accessory" - Not offensive.

"Rosary beads are embarassing mumbo-jumbo from the middle ages" - Not offensive: There's a coherent argument there.

"Fuck your roasary beads" - Offensive: It's gone from being a criticism to being abusive.

It's the same as writing "You're wrong" wouldn't be deemed offensive, but writing "Fuck you" would by the mods on this forum.

i know where you are coming from but,

whats wrong with causing offense? comedians do it all the time and people laugh but because a few catholics dont like the joke being on them they throw the toys out the pram and the world has to bow in front of them?