Stirling Albion 1 : 1 Rangers (FT)

Anchorman ... I full agree with you. The worrying thing for me was to look at the team being essentially bullied into obedience by the aggresive style Stirling used. Our midfielders (bar Black) never rose to the challenge and stuttered on with the odd flash of class. That was not the story of the season so far though, and hopefully won't be the story for the rest of it. That we all want improvement is no point of debate.

Anchorman ... I full agree with you. The worrying thing for me was to look at the team being essentially bullied into obedience by the aggresive style Stirling used.

It's been happening all too often this season - we should be the ones doing the "bullying".

Its not a case of having a "decent Rangers squad"....McCoist has what he has & has not done anything overly positive with it. Even a clapped out old Ford Fiesta can be turned into a decent runner with the right know how.

I don't think anyone is looking for or expecting a side that is capable of challenging in Europe or winning the SPL at the moment, but they are expecting to see something better than what we're getting at present. they are expecting to see signs of a team in rebirth. A team trying to establish a style of play that will be enhanced as the team moves up the leagues & adds a better quality of player. It's simply not happening. The current team are lumbering from one match to another, happy to simply get a win.

Well, by the comments of some, they want exactly that back: a team playing like an SPL side challenging for Europe. They are sorely disappointed and vent their frustration accordingly.

The team currently does not play top notch (for their standard), but every team has such spells during a season. But to turn the argument on its head ... what would people change? McCoist sees that his formation and tactics gets you wins. Not always great, but wins. Now that the league is virtually safe, he could try and test the odd system or player. No doubt about that. Who would you throw on then? I do not see the players in training each day and only second-guess from this game or that. Can you trust a youngster? Naismith did rather well against Berwick, but was not that impressive at Stirling. McKay's dropped out of the picture somewhat, which is also understandable. Do we know how fit those on the bench actually were. These are all just questions that needs answering. Things I always try to through into the bargain before getting into a frenzy about the odd lost goal and point.

It's been happening all too often this season - we should be the ones doing the "bullying".

No doubt about that. But we only got McCulloch and Black for that job right now, since the tremendous Macleod is injured and Hutton can become a ghost for two games after one great one. We need another strong centre-half, a strong midfielder and someone like Andrew Shinnie as a creative force in midfield.

No doubt about that. But we only got McCulloch and Black for that job right now, since the tremendous Macleod is injured and Hutton can become a ghost for two games after one great one. We need another strong centre-half, a strong midfielder and someone like Andrew Shinnie as a creative force in midfield.

Hutton, to me. should spend less time trying to look like Steven Gerrard (when being more like Bob Malcolm) and get his feet planted on the ground again. Get the basics of walking right before trying to run. Naismith was completely wasted in the wide right position he was played the other night. That is a gifted left peg he has, and he has really good balance that should be nurtured. That boy should be given a more free role as he has ability in abundance to go past people and spray the ball about. A decent full back will show him down the outside on to his weaker foot when he is stuck on the right, and whenever he does venture inside from the right wing he just get overrun by the extra bodies they have in midfield.