Stirling Albion 1 : 1 Rangers (FT)

Come on Zappa, wake up! Surely you don't really believe what you're saying?

I absolutely do, yes. There's no way it's easy for these teams to play against us if they have to play at their very very best and graft like hell for 90 odd minutes just to get a draw off us on their own turf. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

we were very fit under walter.

indeed we won about 14 games after loosing at half time under him one season. we finished games the stronger.

That was mostly a different bunch of players though.

No use looking back, we are where we are.

If there is one thing we should be, it is that we should be fitter than our 3rd division rivals.

We should be closing down everytime they have the ball, from our strikers to our defenders, never giving them time to pick a pass.

There is really no excuse for not being fitter, it doesn't matter if your as good footballers as past Rangers players, being fit and having the correct attitude is what should be drummed into our players everyday.

If they are not taking it in, I would rather see the reserve side play every week.

BTW we are not a young team, as far as I could see, not one teenager in the starting line-up.

Given the facilities at our disposal there should be a real difference in fitness levels and other qualities. There isn't and while there can be an explanation for one-off issues, clearly we do seem to struggle in a general sense.

At some point the club has to ask themselves if they're getting value for money out of Auchenhowie and its staff.

Clearly, that's not just based on fitness per se though mate.

Morale, game context and conditions can all affect player performance in any given situation. I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of our players are fitter than those at Albion but last night a combination of a poor display and increased adrenalin for the Binos meant they finished just as strongly as us.

That takes us back to motivation and I think we've struggled mentally for years in that sense.

I absolutely do, yes. There's no way it's easy for these teams to play against us if they have to play at their very very best and graft like hell for 90 odd minutes just to get a draw off us on their own turf. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

I reckon the other teams in Div 3 have tougher games against each other than us.

As someone has said, we have no leaders on the park, without McCulloch there is no one who would stand up for the cause.

Players like Temps, Sheils, Black, Cirbari, who in that lot would give celtc a game, sorry to say Brown and Wanyama would walk all over them.