Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

Lets just say I'm lost for words and leave it at that.

Good, hopefully that means you'll stop saying how wonderful Celtic's youth system is then.

Let me further illustrate my point. In 2006 Scotland's under 19 team reached the final of the European Championship (not the finals the actual final) losing to Spain. How many of that team do you think most of us have heard of?

Lee Wallace

Gary Kenneth

Steven Fletcher

Robert Snodgrass

Calum Elliot once of Hearts was also in the team although his career has lost it's way recently. The rest of them you've barely heard off, lower leagues or not playing at all now. Graeme Dorrans and Mark Reynolds were among the subs.

Of the squad 6 were on Celtic's books and I've never heard of any of them. Between the six of them they amassed 4 first team appearances.

All this proves is that being very good at 17/18/19 is no guarantee of success, none at all.

Last night's Scotland team should have contained most of that under 19 team from 2006, they should all be reaching their peak as professionals now.

As we know though that just isn't how it works.

anyone who knows anything about football will have heard of most of if not all of that team, where they are now says more about scottish society than any individual youth set up tbh.

last nights scotland steam should have consisted of the best players currently playing professionally, which it probably was, why should it be restricted to a certain age group? the entire squad last night probably represented the country at youth level anyhow just at a different point in time from the one who chose to pick out.

That's assuming we would have got promotion every year, which a court would not be able to assume.

Plus did we actually make a formal application 10 years ago? I doubt that we did and as such a court could not take that into account either.

That's why I suggested an 'appropriately higher level'. It's all hypothetical anyway, but I would assume some combination of English historical examples and current standing of the Old Firm in UEFA rankings would be used as evidence to suggest how far we might have risen over that period if we had been allowed to make the move.

In 2001 for instance, following widespread speculation on the issue throughout the year an 'informal' vote was held by the 20 premiership clubs in December resulting in a unanimous rejection.

Then in 2002 the SPL dispute over TV deals, with the 'rebel 10' resigning from the league, led to a number of English 1st Division club chairmen voicing support to inviting the OF to join the Football League. At the time it was confirmed that informal talks between the OF and clubs down south had been taking place for several months.

I'm not sure if there's ever been a formal application. I only know that debate on the issue has been ongoing for more than a decade.

anyone who knows anything about football will have heard of most of if not all of that team,

A small percentage might have but most will long have forgotten most of that team. Not everyone shares your great interest in unknown ex-Celtic players.

where they are now says more about scottish society than any individual youth set up tbh.

It says nothing about Scottish society, they weren't 12 year olds they were 18.

last nights scotland steam should have consisted of the best players currently playing professionally, which it probably was, why should it be restricted to a certain age group?

What are you talking about?

the entire squad last night probably represented the country at youth level anyhow just at a different point in time from the one who chose to pick out.

I picked the most successful Scotland team for 20 years, all of who are now in their mid 20s and reaching their peak as footballers. Pick any youth international side you want, it'll show the same thing. Celtic have produced 3 players of any note in the last 10 years and I'm being fairly charitable here. McGeady, Mulgrew who they actually released without him making a first team appearance and Forrest who might be good or might yet be a damp squib.

Aye, let's emulate that, best youth set up in Scotland so it is.

LOL, comedy gold in this thread as well.

No worries amms you keep believing everything is fine at Auchenhowie, and we aren't having the best players nicked off us by Celtic and the rest.

I'll believe the people directly involved with the shambles just how bad things have got. :thup:

I don't believe everything is fine at Auchenhowie and I stated that quite clearly. I just refuse to join this genuflecting to Celtic that seems to be all the rage on here these days. Frankly I'd struggle to praise their system if it was good, I certainly won't when it's mediocre at best. Any young Rangers player who wants to join them can go with my blessing, good fuckin riddance.

last nights scotland steam should have consisted of the best players currently playing professionally, which it probably was, why should it be restricted to a certain age group? the entire squad last night probably represented the country at youth level anyhow just at a different point in time from the one who chose to pick out.

Not that I really want to get involved in this off topic debate, but last nights team did include 6 former Gers plus one current on the bench. Three of those were products of our youth system and that's not counting Charlie Adam.

How many came through the ranks at your favoured youth setup?

LOL, comedy gold in this thread as well.

No worries amms you keep believing everything is fine at Auchenhowie, and we aren't having the best players nicked off us by Celtic and the rest.

Yes, one player went their way. That is really dramatic and worth noting. And he went there because the Celtic setup and youth work was better, right? Not because he's a Hooped Horror born and bred?

I'll believe the people directly involved with the shambles just how bad things have got. :thup:

... and you will obviously remind yourself that you only get that person's opinion.

No-one says everything's fine at Auchenhowie. But coming up with the "grandeur" that supposedly happens and happened at Lennoxtown should make people stop and think. We will soon enough learn how the new setup at MP will go ... or not. And I for one do not believe that we'll shed our current u19s/20s anytime soon.

A small percentage might have but most will long have forgotten most of that team. Not everyone shares your great interest in unknown ex-Celtic players.

only they are not unknown. ex-celtic players? but i thought you said their youth set up was rubbish? :facepalm:

It says nothing about Scottish society, they weren't 12 year olds they were 18.

it says everything about scottish society, it is just as easy, probably easier for a 17/18 year old to lose his way than it is a 12 year old. access to fags, drugs, drink, arsehole friends and woman all pulling them away from the game.

What are you talking about?

read it again, it isnt difficult to understand.

I picked the most successful Scotland team for 20 years, all of who are now in their mid 20s and reaching their peak as footballers. Pick any youth international side you want, it'll show the same thing. Celtic have produced 3 players of any note in the last 10 years and I'm being fairly charitable here. McGeady, Mulgrew who they actually released without him making a first team appearance and Forrest who might be good or might yet be a damp squib.

Aye, let's emulate that, best youth set up in Scotland so it is.

so your ignoring steve mcmanus, john kennedy, liam miller, david marshall, stephen crainey, jamie smith, ross wallace, craig beattie, stephen pearson and sean maloney? lmfao :facepalm: to name a few more, just because a player is not playing at the very top level does not mean they are not good players, most of them have been capped by their national teams, oops.

frankly amms, your bias and ignorance is shocking and completely negates any balanced debate. one last question for you amms, who from scotland was invited to the under 19 youth (NextGen) champions league last year? the best youth academies from around europe were invited, theres a clue.

al and berliner - mcgeough was always going back to celtic, he used rangers like a piece of shite, sinclair knew it and let it happen, thats the sad thing.

Edited by kuznetsov

Not that I really want to get involved in this off topic debate, but last nights team did include 6 former Gers plus one current on the bench. Three of those were products of our youth system and that's not counting Charlie Adam.

How many came through the ranks at your favoured youth setup?

6 as you say and 1 on the bench. :thup: