Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

no that is not what i am saying at all, absolutely not, every youth team, every professional club, every boys club around the country face the same problems. ! :facepalm: you are having a nightmare.

Yeah. I'm providing facts, statistics and examples of players, you're blaming the weather or the price of Buckfast in Coatbridge yet I'm the one having a nightmare. Good one.

fair enough amms, sorry about that but why confine it to only 10 years? because it suits your agenda? beattie fair made it at rangers, eh? lol

A decade ago Celtic apparently had the cream of Scottish youth, they were the most represented club in the best Scottish international side of the last 20 years. A decade is an acceptable length of time to judge any youth set-up, I've no agenda, I'm just stating facts. You start including guys who are now in their 30s if you want, but they are hardly illustrative of what's happening just now or in the recent past. Pick any time frame you want, as I said go back to the 70s, what about Charlie Nicholas, Billy McNeil, Wille Malley!!

does it matter how they are getting on? they were invited, we were not.

Yeah, they're getting horsed, of course it matters. I enjoy hearing of Celtic getting horsed, so will most of the people on this site, I was simply giving you the opportunity to spread some joy for a change...:D All the sides I mentioned weren't invited either, how are you judging their youth set-up then, inferior to Celtics?

then its pointless debating.

I'm the only one doing any debating, you're just closing your eyes, putting your hands over your ears and shouting 'Celtic are great, Celtic are great' at the top of your voice. Back up your assertion with facts not opinion.

mediocre. :facepalm: no, you are not bitter, at all. lol

No, no, I'm really bitter, I'm the first to admit it. But that alone doesn't make me wrong on this.

how many times have you watched our youths in person under sinclair?

As often as I've seen Celtic's. My 'opinion' is irrelevant anyway, I'm not in anyway qualified to tell if a youth player will make it to first team football. Are you?

As often as I've seen Celtic's. My 'opinion' is irrelevant anyway, I'm not in anyway qualified to tell if a youth player will make it to first team football. Are you?

LOL :roflmao2:

The old well I'm not qualified to pick a player and neither are you routine, never knew there was some university degree for scouts to pick a good player I thought you just watched them and the good guys stood out.

Well that's how it worked when I was lad.

LOL :roflmao2:

The old well I'm not qualified to pick a player and neither are you routine, never knew there was some university degree for scouts to pick a good player I thought you just watched them and the good guys stood out.

Well that's how it worked when I was lad.

You really think anyone can just rock up and pick tomorrow's stars GA? Really? I was speaking with an employee of Rangers this week who was telling me that the stand out guy in training is Kai Naismith, he's got every trick, flick and feint apparently. Would you put your house on him becoming a first team regular far less an international player? I doubt a University degree is needed but a fair bit of experience at that level is a must.

Maybe over at Celtic anyone can spot a star, that's why their youth set up is so good. Oh, wait...

You really think anyone can just rock up and pick tomorrow's stars GA? Really? I was speaking with an employee of Rangers this week who was telling me that the stand out guy in training is Kai Naismith, he's got every trick, flick and feint apparently. Would you put your house on him becoming a first team regular far less an international player? I doubt a University degree is needed but a fair bit of experience at that level is a must.

Maybe over at Celtic anyone can spot a star, that's why their youth set up is so good. Oh, wait...

Going off track a bit with the finding talent route, I'm sure both clubs have their eye on the same boys, but going by the couple of parents I've spoke to both with boys at Celtic (both huge Rangers families) they went to Auchenhowie and they went to Lennoxtown and even when Celtic ask that the boys attend a local catholic school (one of the Dads has since got his way and got him out the bigot factory) they both said the same thing to me.

Lennoxtown :- Professional, boys given the best of stuff and looked after like a Pro.

Auchenhowie:- Shambles asked to pay for everything, felt that the coaches were going through the motions and didn't have a clue.

Thought one of the Dads was going to start crying because he felt we had fallen so far.

Anecdotal information is important and like you I’d want the club to give the best possible impression. At the same time I’m wary. Asking parents of youth players to contribute to their development doesn’t sound like the worst idea I’ve ever heard. Indeed I could be persuaded that sorting out the commitment of potential players at that age, or indeed their parents, might be a smart move. If they’re picking clubs based on money at that stage then what chance do we have of engendering any loyalty in them later on?

But your friends experience is disappointing. When was this as a matter of interest?

thats not a number

and yes i am. its not particularly hard you simply ignore how they are playing and the result and look at their skills. if a player has a good first touch then they will always have a good first touch etc etc.

i also know people intimately involved at murray park and i am telling you its night and day to whats going on at barrowfield.

just one more reason for a youth to go to celtc. at rangers even if you are the best player in training you have a massive barrier to get over to get to the first team. ally mccoist.