Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

what sort of pathetic accusation is that from a mod, sorry super mod?

quite the opposite in fact anyway, should we both go south we would never again be able to live with or compete with celtic. they have the potential to become the new man utd and we could realistically become the next leeds utd. we would get lost down there, we are not as big as we like to think, we have no influential power in the game, our club has a mediocre amateur footballing style, we dont have a scouting network, we dont have good coaches, we dont even have a good manager. celtic are built and ready to play at a higher level, we are not.

der berliner also made a very valid point. imagine ally getting any more money than he has already had or worse still was allowed to stay in a job? :( :( :( we would be in league 2 before you could say, "can we go back to scotland please mister!"

How would Celtic have more potential than us ? I dont get that viewpoint. Remember, management is only temporary so all the accusations about amateur footballing style last only for as long as you have the current incumbent. McCoist would get found out early as you continue to tell us which would mean he would be replaced - and I dont think it would be that difficult to get a manager who is better than Lennon, not difficult at all. He isnt the messiah that the media make him out to be.

Scouts can be replaced too.

And I am not that convinced that They have a great deal of influential power other than in Scotland, which would be lost if both clubs moved south anyway.

Bigger stadium, yes. But that could be resolved too if we were to get to the riches of the English game.

I just dont see this massive differential in potential that you do. So, with that, I guess, we agree to disagree !!

How would Celtic have more potential than us ? I dont get that viewpoint. Remember, management is only temporary so all the accusations about amateur footballing style last only for as long as you have the current incumbent. McCoist would get found out early as you continue to tell us which would mean he would be replaced - and I dont think it would be that difficult to get a manager who is better than Lennon, not difficult at all. He isnt the messiah that the media make him out to be.

Scouts can be replaced too.

And I am not that convinced that They have a great deal of influential power other than in Scotland, which would be lost if both clubs moved south anyway.

Bigger stadium, yes. But that could be resolved too if we were to get to the riches of the English game.

I just dont see this massive differential in potential that you do. So, with that, I guess, we agree to disagree !!

are we ignoring the timmy accusation before we carry on here, yeah?

i didnt say you did craig. you replied to a post which had a complaint on it and point blank ignored it. :thup:

Ahhh, my bad. I skim read and got to what I thought was the point of your post without regard to the other piece. In my flimsy defence I was heading out the door to have lunch with my currently crippled wife.

I dont like us throwing around Timmy accusations and I think that was bad form from pete, although he was presumably posting as a member rather than moderator at that point :P - and it seems he thinks you are a Tim :( - I didnt see you calling for a complaint or action though Kuz.....

That said, I still dont see that they have any more potential other than us, although the size of stadium COULD provide them that. I will, however, grant you that they are currently head and shoulders above us. But given we have a new regime in place they do need time. Lest we forget that when the bunnet stepped outside Parkhead they were absolutely MILES behind us.... and they reversed that trend in a reasonable timeframe. Nothing to suggest we couldnt either. We are suffering from years of malfeasance, malpractice, mismanagement, lack of vision and a plethora of other faults. Hopefully the new regime will reverse that trend.

Ahhh, my bad. I skim read and got to what I thought was the point of your post without regard to the other piece. In my flimsy defence I was heading out the door to have lunch with my currently crippled wife.

I dont like us throwing around Timmy accusations and I think that was bad form from pete, although he was presumably posting as a member rather than moderator at that point :P - and it seems he thinks you are a Tim :( - I didnt see you calling for a complaint or action though Kuz.....

That said, I still dont see that they have any more potential other than us, although the size of stadium COULD provide them that. I will, however, grant you that they are currently head and shoulders above us. But given we have a new regime in place they do need time. Lest we forget that when the bunnet stepped outside Parkhead they were absolutely MILES behind us.... and they reversed that trend in a reasonable timeframe. Nothing to suggest we couldnt either. We are suffering from years of malfeasance, malpractice, mismanagement, lack of vision and a plethora of other faults. Hopefully the new regime will reverse that trend.

i am not a grass but i thought "what sort of pathetic accusation is that from a mod, sorry super mod?" would have at least brought an apology at least.

yeah so back to the point in hand. right now if a change was to happen say for talking sake next season or even the season after, i believe they are better equipped to handle the epl than us. their scouting network is the real deal, ours is a joke. tey have contacts worldwide we can only dream of. they would have the second biggest ground in the league whilst we would be 4th, 5th or 6th and slowly going down the order as liverpool and spurs increase capacity to the now regular 60000. they also a footballing ethos club-wide which is to attack and fear no one, we dont. and then the obvious, they have a squad in place to easily take its place within the epl, we dont have many, if any players we could take to the epl. possibly only 2.

we are further behind them now than they were from us back then. there is plenty to suggest we cant craig. we dont have a 60000 seater to fill like they did, we cant charge spl ticket prices like they did in order to catch us financially nor do we have a management team in place who are capable of beating them over the seasons.

i agree, hopefully the new regime can do it but my pessimism means i wont be holding my breath but i will still be expecting it as everyrangers fan should.

copy and pasted pal.

if you are so concerned take your queries to Sports Revolution and Capita Consulting and question their figures.

If they ever post that rubbish on here I will, in the meantime whilst it's you doing the posting and passing it off as fact it's you I'll query it with.

who?

You.

I'd much prefer to be playing in England but think that the OP is slightly flawed. If we were to win the court case then the FA would allow us to join the bottom rung of English football. I'm not sure what that is but it's below level 11. "Below Level 11 the pyramid becomes regional and the cups become accordingly regional. Further down the pyramid is split on a county basis".

They could allow us to join at a level 12 or 13. Would we be willing to do that and work our way up over a 12-13 year period? I doubt that. It's far too long and the club would suffer and it's basically a non-starter.

I read about this same approach a few weeks back and iirc the idea is that if we were to base the case upon us having been refused entry for around a decade then a ruling in our favour would take this into account and request we be admitted at an appropriately higher level.

No-one replied to my question about the better "management" of all those teams in England. As for the 60k stuff being used as a club ... honestly, that is stretching it. As if they had 60k in the Scumhut each week ... and whether they would should anyone want them down south is a mute point right now.

The only thing Scum FC his head and shoulders above us is their grip on next to anything Scottish football. I for one wouldn't want to see us emulate this cancerous thing.