Why shouldn't it be 55 and counting when Gers win the Div.3 title?

Guest Geo the Ger

So why spend 7mill then if it wasn't to try and win a cup? It wasn't spent to win Div3.

Where and when did we spend 7m?

BTW, we 54 first division/premier league/SPL titles ... i.e. "top league" titles. One bracket. We will win another league title should we snatch that of the Third. but it is not in the "top league" title bracket. Simples. We also won what, 7 wartime titles, who weren't top league (and national) titles either and hence are not counted. The should still belong to the genreal title list nonetheless.

Edited by der Berliner

Where and when did we spend 7m?

BTW, we 54 first division/premier league/SPL titles ... i.e. "top league" titles. One bracket. We will win another league title should we snatch that of the Third. but it is not in the "top league" title bracket. Simples. We also won what, 7 wartime titles, who weren't top league (and national) titles either and hence are not counted. The should still belong to the genreal title list nonetheless.

You trying to say we don't have a 7mill pound wage bill?

As for the rest that wasn't the op's question so again your off track again, he asked if this should be 55.

You trying to say we don't have a 7mill pound wage bill?

As for the rest that wasn't the op's question so again your off track again, he asked if this should be 55.

No, I was asking where the 7m sum comes from. Obviously, paying the proverbial peanuts-wages to youngsters only and signing half-a-handful players from I don't know where (i.e. not Black, Sandaza, Templeton, Cribari et al) while laying the big-earners and 50% of the staff off would sure helped us to decrease the wage bill. But i doubt anyone on here would be happy, nor would we anywhere near the position we are in now - table-wise. But that is obviously a moot point.

As for the OP ... 54, as has been said. This is no major honour.

Re the war titles ... they were "regional" league titles, no national league titles. That is, AFAIK, the official stance. In Germany, there were regional league championships and after those play-offs for the German title. Hence, e.g. Schalke 04 still have their 1943 German title listed.

I compared the comparison with us and ManU or Chelsea you think that's a level playing field when we have to play them?

Allan give up on this one for gods sake,you are making a stupid remark after a stupid remark trying to redeem yourself. I can never remember one person saying any of our CL opponents were cheats because they had more money. We never even called Marseille cheats when we certainly should have.

I compared the comparison with us and ManU or Chelsea you think that's a level playing field when we have to play them?

What's the point of football then? Give every team the world over the exact same budget, regardless of size of support. Players of the same level. Sorry but this is absolute nonsense you are talking here.

IF we play Man U or Chelsea I think FANTASTIC. What a game to go to, we could get an upset maybe.

Rangers imo the greatest team in the world to support, however I'm not blind to the fact we are not the greatest football team. It's part of the fun of football.

What's the point of football then? Give every team the world over the exact same budget, regardless of size of support. Players of the same level. Sorry but this is absolute nonsense you are talking here.

IF we play Man U or Chelsea I think FANTASTIC. What a game to go to, we could get an upset maybe.

Rangers imo the greatest team in the world to support, however I'm not blind to the fact we are not the greatest football team. It's part of the fun of football.

I pressed agree but really disagree. We do have the best club and also the best team according to some. It is the manager that is at fault. Or is it green? I do get so confused.:ohoh:

So no club outside the select few should ever get a chance to win the big prize, no club in Scotland outside the big 2 should never have a glimmer of hope of winning the SPL.

Yes your spot on what Hell is the point.

Well it would seem that the people in charge agree that no one club should have way more than another, whether they can level that playing field is another matter.

But if you think having a player wage bill of 7mill to win Div3 is the best way of spending yours and my money who am I argue. I mean its what Rangers do throw stupid money about for little result, but you seem happy for Rangers to continue with this policy so I will leave you to it and hope it doesn't come back to bit us on the arse like it did the last time.

Edited by GovanAllan

Well it would seem that the people in charge agree that no one club should have way more than another, whether they can level that playing field is another matter.

But if you think having a player wage bill of 7mill to win Div3 is the best way of spending yours and my money who am I argue. I mean its what Rangers do throw stupid money about for little result, but you seem happy for Rangers to continue with this policy so I will leave you to it and hope it doesn't come back to bit us on the arse like it did the last time.

When did Blue Mazza say she thought that having a 7 mill wage bill was the best way to win the 3rd division. stop trying to distract, by blaming others, for your stupid statement.

So no club outside the select few should ever get a chance to win the big prize, no club in Scotland outside the big 2 should never have a glimmer of hope of winning the SPL.

Yes your spot on what Hell is the point.

Wowzers you are not getting this are you? We didn't exactly go out and blow £7 million on players to win Division 3 now did we? We had players on contracts.

I'm far from happy with a lot of things, but I accept the position we are in, which is unique and I in no way expect everything to be fixed in one go. It's like a YEAR since we went in admin, what the hell do you expect to have happened?

Your posts are silly on this and please do not presume to know my thoughts, or put words in my mouth.