Why shouldn't it be 55 and counting when Gers win the Div.3 title?

Guest Geo the Ger

No but you can hardly call it a level playing field can you, we could've won this league with half that budget and the 3mill shortfall this year would've been wiped out, so questions have to be asked why we spent that sort of money when it wasn't needed.

Only answer I can think of is it was spunked on the chance of nicking one of the major cups, and if that is the case then heads must roll because our cup runs have been a disaster, Green isnt exempt from that criticism either because he must bought into the Ally myth.

Maybe that's why Green and Murray aren't talking I hope someone at the club is looking at this season and asking why that money was spent on winning a league against part time players.

Bloody scandalous.:ffs:

7 cup exits in 18 months according to keevins last night.

Yeah, it is sometimes suitable to look at figures, and sometimes it is suitable to look at non-figures. Each of those exits had a story behind them, kindly ignored here. But as it makes dire reading, the figures are used to club the club.

Of course, you do wonder whether he whipped up comparable stats from other teams too?

The sole reply to that from a Bear should be: yes, we're shyte right now, but help yourself to a visit to a trophy ... and look to the future.

No but you can hardly call it a level playing field can you, we could've won this league with half that budget and the 3mill shortfall this year would've been wiped out, so questions have to be asked why we spent that sort of money when it wasn't needed.

Only answer I can think of is it was spunked on the chance of nicking one of the major cups, and if that is the case then heads must roll because our cup runs have been a disaster, Green isnt exempt from that criticism either because he must bought into the Ally myth.

Maybe that's why Green and Murray aren't talking I hope someone at the club is looking at this season and asking why that money was spent on winning a league against part time players.

Bloody scandalous.:ffs:

Incredible that a question about titles can turn into yet another Ally and Green bashing exercise....

It's tainted for me, just a step on the ladder.

With a 7mill budget it comes as close to cheating as anything the scum have thrown at us.

Cheating? I'm really surprised you would use that turn of phrase. It is nothing like cheating. It's not tainted in any way shape or form.

We all (collectively, as Rangers fans, not necessarily individually) agreed div 3 is where we should work from. Get away from the toxic SpHell & Them. That happened and now you think a league win is tainted?

Can't win any which way.

Yeah, it is sometimes suitable to look at figures, and sometimes it is suitable to look at non-figures. Each of those exits had a story behind them, kindly ignored here. But as it makes dire reading, the figures are used to club the club.

Of course, you do wonder whether he whipped up comparable stats from other teams too?

The sole reply to that from a Bear should be: yes, we're shyte right now, but help yourself to a visit to a trophy ... and look to the future.

lmfao as they would. as they would. :facepalm: good one berliner, good one.

Cheating? I'm really surprised you would use that turn of phrase. It is nothing like cheating. It's not tainted in any way shape or form.

We all (collectively, as Rangers fans, not necessarily individually) agreed div 3 is where we should work from. Get away from the toxic SpHell & Them. That happened and now you think a league win is tainted?

Can't win any which way.

We moan about the CL when we played there because everybody had a massive budget and we had hee haw, that was tantamount to cheating. But it's ok when the shoe is on the other foot and we have a massive budget and they rest have less than hee haw. :facepalm:

I am very much in the 55th title camp.

Titles are by their very definition exactly that, a league title. You can only play in one league per season, so this was the only league title available to us this season, and we have won it.

Where I will draw the very proper distinction is when we discuss our World Record of 54 times National Champions. That stays as it is until we win the top league in Scotland again.

The two can, and should be seen side by side proudly in our honours book.

So for me it is 55 titles and still going strong as the song goes, but also World Record holders of 54 National titles.

Aberdeen have been pumped out of EVERY cup since season 89/90.....cup exists aren't the most reliable of stats. Unless you win the cup, you chalk up another exit.....

Given the turmoil the team has gone through, the cup runs are probably worse than usual.

We moan about the CL when we played there because everybody had a massive budget and we had hee haw, that was tantamount to cheating. But it's ok when the shoe is on the other foot and we have a massive budget and they rest have less than hee haw. :facepalm:

Huh? It's not moaning to compare budgets and suggest that yeah we might get hammered because another team have superior budgets/players. Football would be boring shite if every team was exactly the same level.

I've never heard anyone compare the CL to cheating - unless of course you are talking about the recent corruption news?

So for me your comparison is flawed and actually a bit nonsensical.

We moan about the CL when we played there because everybody had a massive budget and we had hee haw, that was tantamount to cheating.

I'm not sure who this "we" is, but I don't recall anyone complaining that the fact that we have less cash is tantamount to cheating.

But it's ok when the shoe is on the other foot and we have a massive budget and they rest have less than hee haw. :facepalm:

Yes, it is. We did during much of NIAR as well. Are you suggesting that was tainted as well? :facepalm::razz: