Notice: Trolling and negativity

Dear all,

Whilst we'd never stop anyone expressing opinions on any issue on this forum, following a few complaints we've had a discussion amongst our admin team about what is being perceived as gratuitous negativity and trolling.

Clearly, it's difficult not to be frustrated with pedestrian performances and inconsistent statements from the club hierarchy but I'd like to ask all members to think about their contribution and avoid the kind of posts which are putting others off contributing.

That's not to mean we can't criticise (or indeed defend) the manager, the players or the board in a robust manner, but just to avoid letting such issues take over every thread or discussion.

To that end, the team will be keeping a close eye on the forum and may remove posts which are deemed superfluous to the debate. As always, if you have any questions please get in touch with admin by pm.

All the best,

Gersnet!

Edited by Frankie

Sorry for scraping the bottom of the trolling barrell, but I think you mean, "Hear, hear".

Since you got that wrong, all your other posts are rendered null and void.

You would think someone with the moniker "thinker", would understand irony.

Ah, the old, "I did it on purpose" defence.

Classic stuff!

I didn't know I was in court and needed a defence. Hopefully, Frankie will delete all these "trolling" posts before the important posters come on later, and my rep is in tatters.

Dear all,

Whilst we'd never stop anyone expressing opinions on any issue on this forum, following a few complaints we've had a discussion amongst our admin team about what is being perceived as gratuitous negativity and trolling.

Clearly, it's difficult not to be frustrated with pedestrian performances and inconsistent statements from the club hierarchy but I'd like to ask all members to think about their contribution and avoid the kind of posts which are putting others off contributing.

That's not to mean we can't criticise (or indeed defend) the manager, the players or the board in a robust manner, but just to avoid letting such issues take over every thread or discussion.

To that end, the team will be keeping a close eye on the forum and may remove posts which are deemed superfluous to the debate. As always, if you have any questions please get in touch with admin by pm.

All the best,

Gersnet!

I had posted the other night that it was my last post for this very reason (I didn't say I wouldn't look in on the latest thread headings for 'exclusives' :)) i.e. I was sick fed up of every thread being swamped by the same negativity, sometimes just for the sake of it, or so it appeared. I admit that some of my language used on the post was not acceptable, but it was my 'last hoorah' or so I thought, so I was letting my frustrations go.

Thanks admins for adopting such a sensible approach, (and forcing me to eat humble pie and coming crawling back again). It was badly needed to bring this forum back to the refreshing, enjoyable forum it once was. I hope it works.