Rangers Supporters Trust statement on re-construction

Regardless of what we think of Doncaster and co, they're switched on and know exactly what they're doing. Bastards!

Dont fully agree with that. They are being ALLOWED to be switched on do what they are doing as there isnt any resistance. Fans of all teams might moan about them but dont do anything about their decisions and actions. Id say the camp inside Ibrox of Green and his team, the likes of WS and JT are far more switched on.

Regardless of what we think of Doncaster and co, they're switched on and know exactly what they're doing. Bastards!

I don't think they do know what they are doing....

If they were switched on, they would listen to what is going on around them.....Henry McLeish's report suggested a top league of 10, the fans all seem to be wanting a bigger top division, several clubs have questioned the proposed setup, but "accepted" it as the only option on the table, many folk have commented that the proposal is not a perfect solution......yet what do Doncaster & co do - heads in sand, and push on with their own idea. All the signs are saying the proposed system is not what folk want or believe to be the solution, yet they push on regardless. Doesn't sound very switched on to me.

Sounds to me that they are pushing through a proposal that benefits a VERY small minority, and trying to claim it is for "the greater good".

That's a problematic tactic though since we foolishly asked to be put in the 3rd division last summer (big mistake IMO) and also because it would probably give the SFA an excuse to hammer us even further, possibly even threaten our membership.

Essentially, there was nothing we could have wished for back then. By default, we would have started in Divi 3 no matter what. "Our" outcry back then was IMHO more like a shout of defiance towards the SPl-moneygrabbers.

Dont fully agree with that. They are being ALLOWED to be switched on do what they are doing as there isnt any resistance. Fans of all teams might moan about them but dont do anything about their decisions and actions. Id say the camp inside Ibrox of Green and his team, the likes of WS and JT are far more switched on.

I don't think they do know what they are doing....

If they were switched on, they would listen to what is going on around them.....Henry McLeish's report suggested a top league of 10, the fans all seem to be wanting a bigger top division, several clubs have questioned the proposed setup, but "accepted" it as the only option on the table, many folk have commented that the proposal is not a perfect solution......yet what do Doncaster & co do - heads in sand, and push on with their own idea. All the signs are saying the proposed system is not what folk want or believe to be the solution, yet they push on regardless. Doesn't sound very switched on to me.

Sounds to me that they are pushing through a proposal that benefits a VERY small minority, and trying to claim it is for "the greater good".

Quote fail from me.:D

See posts 34 and 35 for my reply. I'm in agreement!

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SPL happy for #SFL to proceed with idea of 12-12-10-10. Reconstruction talks continue

Seriously.... How the hell is 12-12-10-10 a visionary concept ? The "12" is a busted flush as it is, so why not only continue it but, effectively, continue with the EXACT same model save for an ADDITIONAL two clubs in SFL1 ? We need FEWER teams, not more. We also need a pyramid type structure that allows the Junior and regional teams to be able to progress into the leagues. There are Junior teams that are better than SFL2 teams, yet they simply will never get the chance to progress with how we are structured in the game.

Again, lunacy rules.

The SFL looks to get a pyramid structure in place, so the income is equally spread from top to bottom. At the end of the day, what sort of league format follows the pyramid structure does not primarily matter to them. Getting more money into all strata of the games will help develop it even at the smallest clubs - contrary from what happens now. Will the quality make a jump too? Who can say. For that depends not on the number of teams or matches played, but also the "human material" that there is in each generation.

That said, two upper tiers of 24 teams should cover the best that there is ... and to your average football fan of *insert any SPL team or us* it does not matter how many games or teams are playing below them. They look after their team and only start to moan when fixtures are actually pile up come the end of the season.