Ricksen offski

Guest ReadyTeddy

So the million pound thing is a myth?

I expected as much!

I also read they had taken over his contract so it sounds like its just been a straight swap. I couldnt see a Russian side paying a million for a 30 yr old SPL player who had problems anyway.

But the main thing is he is off our books. Ok he did perform 1 great season for us all be it he may have been looking for a new contract, but he won us some games ie that free kick at Pittodrie in the league cup.

And lets start a wee debate - What was Fernando's position?? Id say a utility man coz he was neither comfortable at RB or midfielder.

I think his best games for Rangers were in midfield.

He always called himself a RB and was pissed off when he was moved into midfield. He did have a handful of good games at RB.... but not nearly enough.

He did play his best football for us in midfield, but like ive already said, for one season only. Hot and cold before that though.

I've seen it mentioned that the deal was worth 1M to Rangers and that they bought out his contract, so I don't think its a straight 1M fee, probably a good bit less, but the main thing is that he's gone now. Another guy with a lot of potential wasted.

I've seen it mentioned that the deal was worth 1M to Rangers and that they bought out his contract, so I don't think its a straight 1M fee, probably a good bit less, but the main thing is that he's gone now. Another guy with a lot of potential wasted.

http://www.rangers.co.uk

Ricksen Exit Mutually Beneficial

FERNANDO RICKSEN'S departure from Rangers has been described as the best thing for both parties by assistant boss Yves Colleu.

Ricksen made his switch to Zenit St Petersburg permanent when he signed a three-year deal yesterday, bringing in a near �£1m transfer fee to the Ibrox coffers.

Yves ColleuThere was never going to be a way back for the wayward Dutchman when he misbehaved on the team flight to pre-season training in South Africa.

Now Colleu says the money brought in from his sale could be used to strengthen the side in January - but only if it is right.,

Colleu said: "I think it is better for him and better for us that he made the move permanent to Zenit

" We will see if we can find a very good player in the January wjndow and if so we can spend some money

"However, we don't just want to spend for the sake of it. It has to be the right opportunity."

I'm still skeptical! ;)

Whatever, it looks like its boosted the coffers a bit and if we can add that to the funds left over from the summer, along with the savings on the wage budget, surely we should be able to get a half decent centre half in?

I'm still skeptical! ;)

Whatever, it looks like its boosted the coffers a bit and if we can add that to the funds left over from the summer, along with the savings on the wage budget, surely we should be able to get a half decent centre half in?

Murray needs to get his 50 mill back first before we spend.

Murray needs to get his 50 mill back first before we spend.

I'm sorry but this is just total bollocks. How come we spent 3M in the summer then?

We WILL spend, it's just the amount that is in question. I'm pretty confident we'll have about 4M in the kitty, but that's not actually that much and Le Guen is conscious of not squandering it (despite his spending record so far).

He doesn't want to spend just for the sake of it because once it's gone, it's gone...

He's underplaying the whole thing so we don't get overexited and then annoyed if he can't find the right player and so doesn't spend.

I think that's fair enough.

However, I am very confident that we'll bring in at least one player in January, most likely to be a centre back.