"Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium"

Guest DietofWorms
that was a formality we knew on July 13 where we would be playing

Baws. The SPL were being cunts of the highest order and were refusing to give us anything.... formality? aye sure..:laugh:

no, i am not saying that at all, in fact i am amazed you could ask such a stupid question. the competing with celtic talk is for when we are in the same league as them and are battling for the title together. :thup:

i just answered that above, i thought you would have understood that. expecting us to compete financially with celtic whilst we are in division 3 is ridiculous, not even i expect that. i dont want it both ways, as explained above in bold.

why would people complain about beating motherwell, that was a good night for us but a one off and against a team we very rarely have trouble with.

the team has less youngsters in it than people like to think. macleod is the only regular starter. mckay and hegarty have had a chance when others have been injured. fleeting appearances for cole, aird and crawford, that is about it.

Clearly you miss the point. Instead of assuming something is a "stupid question" perhaps you might look at what is being suggested first.

You yourself said that Celtic would win everything because of their high wage bill compared to ours. You then.... in the post prior to the above, say that because we pay wages higher than everyone except Celtic that we should be expecting more than a part time league title. Which infers you expect more than a part time cup (Ramsdens too), which would then suggest that, given we only play in the League Cup and Scottish Cup, you would expect us to lift those. Yet you say because we arent competing with Celtic's salaries that they will walk away with everything every year.

So, I ask again, which is it to be ? You cant have everything.

Do you expect Rangers, in the 4th tier, to win that league but none of the "major trophies" or do you expect us to win those major cups even though we cant compete with Celtic's wage bill. Surely you can see what I am saying now ?

It looks to me as if you are suggesting :

1. Celtic pay far more than we do so will win all the major trophies.

2. We are paying more wages than anyone else apart from Celtic so should be winning major trophies.

It cant be both.

Clearly you miss the point. Instead of assuming something is a "stupid question" perhaps you might look at what is being suggested first.

You yourself said that Celtic would win everything because of their high wage bill compared to ours. You then.... in the post prior to the above, say that because we pay wages higher than everyone except Celtic that we should be expecting more than a part time league title. Which infers you expect more than a part time cup (Ramsdens too), which would then suggest that, given we only play in the League Cup and Scottish Cup, you would expect us to lift those. Yet you say because we arent competing with Celtic's salaries that they will walk away with everything every year.

So, I ask again, which is it to be ? You cant have everything.

Do you expect Rangers, in the 4th tier, to win that league but none of the "major trophies" or do you expect us to win those major cups even though we cant compete with Celtic's wage bill. Surely you can see what I am saying now ?

It looks to me as if you are suggesting :

1. Celtic pay far more than we do so will win all the major trophies.

2. We are paying more wages than anyone else apart from Celtic so should be winning major trophies.

It cant be both.

the league is all that really matters. cups can be won by anyone.

if cektc are outspending us 2 to 1 we won't be winning many if any leagues.

if we are to match their spending at 33% of turnover we will need more than double their turnover which will never ever happen.

we don't need to match them pound for pound but we do need to get close.

i

I'm still ambiguous about selling naming right but I see things more positively now. Whether or not it's worth the amount of money (which is still unclear as the whole issue) has to be seen. This still sounds like rumours so we shall see when the deal's been done.

the league is all that really matters. cups can be won by anyone.

if cektc are outspending us 2 to 1 we won't be winning many if any leagues.

if we are to match their spending at 33% of turnover we will need more than double their turnover which will never ever happen.

we don't need to match them pound for pound but we do need to get close.

i

GS, it is missing the point of what kuz previously posted about winning things and competing with salaries. Not going to get into it with you as it confuses the point I was conveying to kuznetsov.