"Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium"

I clearly meant in the early days of the whole process, only an idiot wouldn't see that.

We signed 8 players, just because there isn't a transfer fee involved doesn't mean there isn't plenty spent on wages, agent fees, signing on fees etc. We got more than enough to win this league with ease and that's all that mattered, we couldn't break the bank on the off chance of winning cups, I mean we got knocked out of both straight away last season with a top flight squad. You could perhaps make an argument for Inverness (average age of their squad was still younger than ours I believe) but you really believe QOTS was because of the quality of players? A part time second division team at home and you blame Green rather than the management and players? The Ramsdens Cup was ours to lose and the team lost it, not the board.

I generally struggle to get my head around any Rangers fan decrying that we didn't spend enough in Scotland's bottom tier a few months after financial ruin but oh well. I guess it's like a wife moaning at her husband for not spending enough on her birthday present just after he's emerged from bankruptcy.

But it was one transfer window, the next two we're heavily handicapped. So again I might suggest you actually give it a chance over couple or years or so down the line before coming these conclusions, but I highly doubt you will.

for you maybe but if my club are spending more on wages than every other club in the country with one exception then i expect more than a part time league title. if the league was our only aim why are we paying players wages they wouldnt even get in the spl?

for you maybe but if my club are spending more on wages than every other club in the country with one exception then i expect more than a part time league title. if the league was our only aim why are we paying players wages they wouldnt even get in the spl?

Comeoffit is saying we aren't spending enough, so you're coming at me from a different angle.

Comeoffit is saying we aren't spending enough, so you're coming at me from a different angle.

Go back and read the pre-season statements from green. We are going for the cups etc. Our transfer dealings, with our projected income, was a disgrace.

i know, i just wanted to ask you that question mate. for me the sfl3 is not enough for the wages we are paying. :thup:

Well I think the Ramsdens should have been in the bag and we should at the very least be competitive against all the SPL teams barring sellic. The Inverness game the team never turned up at all which was very disappointing.

Well I think the Ramsdens should have been in the bag and we should at the very least be competitive against all the SPL teams barring sellic. The Inverness game the team never turned up at all which was very disappointing.

whos at fault then mate, green for not letting ally spend more? neil murray for finding ally shite players? or ally for signings those players not good enough to beat qos and inverness?

Go back and read the pre-season statements from green. We are going for the cups etc. Our transfer dealings, with our projected income, was a disgrace.

whilst i agree we could have spent more on fees etc, ally has had more than enough wages to give players to beat those teams who knocked us out and took points off us. our scouting is so poor green could have gave ally 40 million and we could still have lost to inverness. the man doesnt know a player when he sees one and nor does his scouting team.

I think he said we wanted to be competitive which we still have been when when you factor in the Motherwell match, yet to be known what will transpire v Dundee Utd.

Our transfer dealings were sensible for the first time in a long time, in fact we likely still overspent. No need at all to go mad for where we are, lets move away from the boom or bust days.

whilst i agree we could have spent more on fees etc, ally has had more than enough wages to give players to beat those teams who knocked us out and took points off us. our scouting is so poor green could have gave ally 40 million and we could still have lost to inverness. the man doesnt know a player when he sees one and nor does his scouting team.

Can't argue too much with that, but his hands were still tied to an extent with regards to transfer fees. We knew we had money in the post, re the sharee issue.