"Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium"

I wouldn't be pleased if it was a long term deal, but if it's true and we've got a 3 year deal for £7.5m, then I think that's an absolutely cracking bit of business.

Almost unbelievably good bit of business and hopefully a sign of things to come. We need to be bigger and better in all areas to get back on top.

Almost unbelievably good bit of business and hopefully a sign of things to come. We need to be bigger and better in all areas to get back on top.

It's interesting that you say "almost unbelievably" because without meaning to put a dampener on the rumour, I'm a bit sceptical as to whether there could be any truth in it simply because it's a LOT of money for a 3 year stadium naming deal, especially when you consider that Sports Direct already have a foot in the door at Ibrox.

It's interesting that you say "almost unbelievably" because without meaning to put a dampener on the rumour, I'm a bit sceptical as to whether there could be any truth in it simply because it's a LOT of money for a 3 year stadium naming deal, especially when you consider that Sports Direct already have a foot in the door at Ibrox.

with the new fair play rules and ashley already being an investor, could this not be another way of putting money into the club?

with the new fair play rules and ashley already being an investor, could this not be another way of putting money into the club?

I wouldn't like to speculate on that, but what I'd say is that he might be wealthy, but he's not daft. £7.5m would be a lot of money for Sports Direct to fork out for a 3 year naming deal at Ibrox. To put it into perspective, £2.5m p/a would be more than what the majority of NFL stadium deals in the US are worth apart from the big boys like the NY Giants and a few others and that's in a sporting environment where stadium naming rights deals are big business and worth huge sums of money. For example, the Metlife Stadium, home of the Giants and the Jets has a deal worth $20m a year over 20 years, so $400m, but most NFL stadiums don't get anywhere near that sort of money.

from FF

Just in from work,and I wondered whether this would have broken or not.

I intimated this a few weeks ago but did'nt want to elaborate too much as its a mate who has got the contract. The plan is indeed for the work to be completed in time for the next home game and by all accounts the signage is LOUD.

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber@rangersfctrust £7.5m over 3 years from Sports Direct. Dude beside me adamant he's doing the job. Will be changed for next home game?

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber

@TommyMexes @rangersfctrust £2.5m per year for 3 years. Said AMcC is to get £5m of it when the time comes to spend

rangersfctrust across front (pitch facing) of roof of 3 stands and all advertising hoardings on stands to carry SportsDirect