Green will speak soon...

CHARLES GREEN will recommend to the Board that Rangers try to find an escape route from Scottish football if the 12-12-18 reconstruction plans are pushed through.

The Chief Executive knows that in the current political climate it is difficult to play anywhere else, but he firmly believes that Rangers should explore all options as he is firmly against the proposals being hurried through.

In an exclusive interview with RangersTV, Green pulls no punches as he criticises a set-up which he feels most supporters donâ??t want.

He says the new set-up will render the remainder of the season meaningless and he insists it is only cash that is driving the adoption of the plan.

He said: â??If this does happen what is the point of us finishing the season? Why should we send players out to get broken noses â?? like Ross Perry last week â?? or have players getting surgery when no-one can get promoted and no-one can get relegated.

â??We might as well have a winter break now til next August. I canâ??t see any point in carrying on with meaningless matches.

â??In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season? There is no meaning to it, in reality.

â??I havenâ??t read anything other than what is in the press and if that is what we have sat here eagerly awaiting to transform Scottish football, my advice to the board of Rangers is the quicker we can leave Scottish football the better.

â??I canâ??t see anything that is going to transform the finances, the status or the excitement.â?

Green knows that there is resistance by the European and World authorities to clubs playing in other countries, but there is strong feeling for a â??Beneligaâ?? involving the top 12 teams in Holland the top eight in Belgium.

And Standard Liege have threatened to try to join Ligue 1 in France if permission for the Beneliga is not granted.

Green added: â??On first glance, of course, there is nowhere for us to go because FIFA have made their feelings known on cross-border leagues.

â??However, we have noted the comments of Standard Liege recently and what Peter Lawwell said at his AGM a few weeks ago when he discussed the changes in Europe.

â??Hand on heart today there isnâ??t an option but that doesnâ??t mean we shouldnâ??t start looking for an option.

â??If all we have to look forward to over the next four years is more madness then we would be failing as directors not to explore the alternatives.â?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3092-gers-should-quit-scotland

Edited by ian1964

Scottish football is the laughing stock of the world, and green is centre stage. If he wasnt so obnoxious, maybe he would get an invite to these discussions, instead of having to read this pish about euro leagues every few weeks.

Looking for an answer after yet another anti-Green provocative? Well, no-one needs to speak with Rangers right now as we have no vote and are "only" an "associate member". So he will most likely not get any invite anyway when it comes to reconstruction. It does not stop him from making his and our (well, maybe not your's) anger felt by strong statements, as we are the club that will bring in the most money into the lower leagues, be that in crowds or TV money. And they will no doubt register the signs.

On another note ... this whole "we don't really get promotion" mantra is somewhat off, IMHO. Yes, we would play most of the teams we faced this season again. So what? We still play in the third tier of the game next year, no matter what. We wanted to play our way up from the bottom and we will need exactly the same amount of time as was projected last summer. The Third Division Championship will arrive in our trophy room nonetheless and if reconstruction means that all Divi 3 teams will get "promoted" alongside us, so be it. That said, you wonder whether they actually get their 22+ votes before summer.

Ugh not the all time best statement. Can we not just bloody LOOK in to moving without posturing about we might move? I do quite like Green but all this we're out talk drives me up the wall. It's not simple and would never happen in time anyway. Lets be realistic here.

Aside from that, he makes the right points, but nobody is listening to those.

If all we have to look forward to over the next four years is more madness then we would be failing as directors not to explore the alternatives.”

This is a GREAT quote, but it's getting lost in the message.

To be honest, I don't believe that playing in another country/ cross border league will happen any time soon. Green makes it sound like a last straw he's trying to reach, appearing quite desperate to me. Good on him for taking action, but shouldn't we try to get a vote and say in this, rather then rely on unrealistic prospects in the mid term future?

More great stuff from our excellent CEO.

yeah but its just more moonbeams.

i really wish he would actually follow through on this but we both know he wont.

the think is if every their was a time its now. even if ts the 6th level conference we need to g to.