Reconstruction talks

Charles Green has been remarkably quiet on this front, of late. In fact, he's had a quiet week or so. Unusual by his standards.

I'm very keen to hear his thoughts on the negotiations. Is has said previously that we will not sign-over our image rights again to the SPL (via the SFL), so where does that leave any potential broadcast deals?

Ach well, maybe he's neck-deep in transfer battles :)

Don't know why people believe we are either better or worse of , we are exactly in the same position , it's just that we have went from 4 leagues to 3 , we will still take the same amount of time to get back , but get back to what exactly.

If there was no money in the spl now how in the hell will there be money to pay to another 12 clubs

Don't know why people believe we are either better or worse of , we are exactly in the same position , it's just that we have went from 4 leagues to 3 , we will still take the same amount of time to get back

There's different ways to look at it.

In one sense you can say that it doesn't particularly affect us, as we'll still be in the third tier with the same number of leagues to traverse on our way up.

In another sense you can say it'll be the second season in a row where our final league position essentially counts for nothing and this time it means we'll be playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football for a second season in a row despite (almost certainly) winning promotion from the bottom tier.

You can also say why should we be forced to play against the same teams we're playing this season all over again next season. Not only that, but why should we have to do so after our presence in the 3rd division for a season and the financial boost it gives helps all of them to strengthen their squads in two transfer windows while we aren't allowed to strengthen our own squad thanks to the shady transfer embargo. That would mean that next season is going to be even tougher for us than previously anticipated...

So my take on it is that these reconstruction proposals are a great deal for a lot of clubs, there would be genuine advantages for a lot of clubs, but not for Rangers. I don't see a single advantage for Rangers and in fact, on the contrary, I see quite a few key disadvantages.

There's different ways to look at it.

In one sense you can say that it doesn't particularly affect us, as we'll still be in the third tier with the same number of leagues to traverse on our way up.

In another sense you can say it'll be the second season in a row where our final league position essentially counts for nothing and this time it means we'll be playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football for a second season in a row despite (almost certainly) winning promotion from the bottom tier.

You can also say why should we be forced to play against the same teams we're playing this season all over again next season. Not only that, but why should we have to do so after our presence in the 3rd division for a season and the financial boost it gives helps all of them to strengthen their squads in two transfer windows while we aren't allowed to strengthen our own squad thanks to the shady transfer embargo. That would mean that next season is going to be even tougher for us than previously anticipated...

So my take on it is that these reconstruction proposals are a great deal for a lot of clubs, there would be genuine advantages for a lot of clubs, but not for Rangers. I don't see a single advantage for Rangers and in fact, on the contrary, I see quite a few key disadvantages.

It might very well affect us. I haven't heard anything yet about voting rights in the revamped SFL. Nor have I heard anything about what kind of financial redistribution they are talking about. If you take that other lot out of the equation, rest assured, with regards to finances, we have a lot more to bring to the table than the rest of the clubs combined. So I fail to see this being a good deal for us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a monumental stitch up, which will allow Celtic to rule the roost for the next ten to fifteen years. All in the name of sporting integrity.