CRO - Why Rangers Fans Should Not Fear Title Stripping

Guest billmcmurdo

We WILL be going down the legal route. If no-one else, the RFFF will be paying for the fight - and myself and I'm sure tens of thousands of others will gladly contribute to the costs.

The SPL will struggle to to stump up as much money for the fight as we will, and we'll appeal, appeal and appeal again if the judgement flies to brutish beasts and men lose their reason.

Have we not signed away that right when we were blackmailed into accepting the SFA and SPL's conditions for "readmittance" to the SFL?

Can you"sign that right away". Legally could we not just go back on our word and do it anyway? Could they enforce such an act on us if we have signed something.

Have we not signed away that right when we were blackmailed into accepting the SFA and SPL's conditions for "readmittance" to the SFL?

Can you"sign that right away". Legally could we not just go back on our word and do it anyway? Could they enforce such an act on us if we have signed something.

Charles Green has never fully clarified exactly what was agreed, but essentially what was eventually agreed and signed under duress wasn't for our re-application to play in the SFL, it was a set of conditions for the transfer of our existing SFA membership. That's why we ended up having to accept their shady transfer embargo and other conditions because without the transfer of SFA membership our history would have stopped rather than continued as it has. They had us by the short & curlies and did indeed blackmail us, but Green never clarified whether he had agreed to the farcical 'no legal recourse' bullshit they wanted to impose on us as part of the agreement.

Charles Green has never fully clarified exactly what was agreed, but essentially what was eventually agreed and signed under duress wasn't for our re-application to play in the SFL, it was a set of conditions for the transfer of our existing SFA membership. That's why we ended up having to accept their shady transfer embargo and other conditions because without the transfer of SFA membership our history would have stopped rather than continued as it has. They had us by the short & curlies and did indeed blackmail us, but Green never clarified whether he had agreed to the farcical 'no legal recourse' bullshit they wanted to impose on us as part of the agreement.

Can they legally do that though.

Even if we have signed to no legal recourse, is there anything to stop us going back on our word and saying fuck you SFA we'll do it anyway. Would such an agreement be legally binding? How can you enforce that? Surely it goes against some sort of rights?

Can they legally do that though.

Even if we have signed to no legal recourse, is there anything to stop us going back on our word and saying fuck you SFA we'll do it anyway. Would such an agreement be legally binding? How can you enforce that? Surely it goes against some sort of rights?

I honestly don't know mate and we don't have enough info to even guess about it because we don't know exactly what was in the agreement Green signed to get our SFA membership transfered.

Even if we assume (for talking sake) that there was a clause in the agreement about legal recourse, we don't know if it was solely pertaining to legal recourse against the SFA's (so-called 'independent tribunals') decisions & actions or if it also pertained to SPL matters.

If I was to take a guess, I'd like to think that it only pertained to SFA kangaroo courts and not the SPL's, but that's pure guesswork and I'm obviously no expert.

I'm pretty sure it would only have affected us (agreeing to accept decisions without right of appeal) if we'd agreed to go to the first division as the SFA wanted. However we rejected this & went to the third division without further punishment after the SFL clubs voted us there. THEIR (and I mean SFA/SPL) big problem has yet to hit them in that the big financial contributors to the top division(SKY & CB) will either walk away or renew on much reduced terms at the end of this season.

It will be interesting to see who Celtic appoint as their new secretary.

What price a 'low level paper gatherer' from a well-kent solicitors involved in this kangaroo court?

do I get any clues ? a wee roly poly, bespectacled solicitor who looks like a steak pie with feet?

I am sure Ally said that giving up the right of appeal was not debatable and I am sure Green went along with that. I am sure Green has also said a few times he is willing to fight all the way on losing titles. I may be wrong.

I am sure Ally said that giving up the right of appeal was not debatable and I am sure Green went along with that. I am sure Green has also said a few times he is willing to fight all the way on losing titles. I may be wrong.

No Pete,you're not wrong,that is what he said. As for the stripping titles he has also said he will fight this.