CRO - Bring Back The Billy Boys!

Guest billmcmurdo

I don't mean to be patronising here, but this could go in circles.

Have you ever heard a converstaion go along the lines "Dont tell anyone I told you that". And the response comes back "told me what? I didn't hear anything".

I believe the above analogy fits with where a certain poster (with a reputation for negativity :whistling: :smile:) is coming from i.e. 'washing dirty linen in public' and all that.

If you don't want it mentioned then don't mention it. Don't start telling lies about it. That is what the other crowd do.

The Billy Boys were a murderous Glasgow gang who went about destroying lives.

Thought you might have knew that.

You obviously THINK you do! :thup:

BTW you forgot about - rape, kidnapping, burning villages and stealing harvest! :facepalm:

Why does it always have to be old songs? Can't we do something new for once? There's plenty of modern anthemic tunes around. Why do we have to always be so anachronistic?

TBB is a good tune to sing loud but the problem is that our idiotic, stuck in the past attitude killed it for us. And if other clubs sing it, why would we want to? Let's set ourselves apart. Find a tune, use it and when others copy, find another. Be leaders, not just one of the crowd.

it isnt banned in scotland, is it?

THe offending line is covered by the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

it was allegedly banned by uefa when we played in europe. i am not sure we ever saw proof though, did we?

I've seen the relevant part of the letter that the club say came from UEFA.

Fullerton was a fascist and I'm fairly sure his gang used to happily slashed people. Your 'nothing more, nothing less comment' is astounding. It's not quite that simple now is it? Fullerton is not someone to hold up as merely a rascal. He was also inherently racist.

Another drama queen!

LOL, where's the drama in the truth? This is a debate is it not? If you wish to tell me where I'm wrong, then carry on but responding with only 'drama queen' does nothing to further your points.

You reckon? :smile:

"I'm fairly sure his gang used to happily slash people" - Quick phone the papers. Exclusive! Glasgow gang in the 50's and 60's possibly slashed people!! :D

"I'm fairly sure his gang used to happily slash people" - Quick phone the papers. Exclusive! Glasgow gang in the 50's and 60's possibly slashed people!! :D

I'm failing to see your point. They did. It's well known, no need to call anyone. You said they were just a gang of guys. I added they slashed people (hence the razor gang distinction). Just because it happened years ago doesn't mean a) it's not relevant or b) they were actually nice people, just misunderstood.

I think that they were more from the 20s and 30s.