CRO - Bring Back The Billy Boys!

Guest billmcmurdo

the term 'billy boys' is what speirs, manslaughter and all their celtic supporting scum took to uefa to complain about not just the ****** blood part.

The Billy Boys were a murderous Glasgow gang who went about destroying lives.

Thought you might have knew that.

This thread should be 'brushed' into the lounge and have nothing to do with Rangers chat.

I disagree as I think we should use the tune but just update it. Uefa cannot ban a melody surely.

The Billy Boys were a murderous Glasgow gang who went about destroying lives.

Thought you might have knew that.

Agree I would prefer Rangers boys. It is the Hello Hello that gets the blood going,not the Billy boys.

I disagree as I think we should use the tune but just update it. Uefa cannot ban a melody surely.

Sure mate, great song that had it's meanings...changing the lyrics wont make it great again.

Better to confine the song to history. Hello Hello we are the Rangers boys sounds weak.

If the fans want to sing that song, then it wont catch on, simples.

Don't know where our songbook is going right now, we need a rousing song that connects the club to the fans.

We haven't got that at the moment sadly, probably to do with our massive baggage'

The mhanks have recently came out with something new for their club which includes the name of the club which I'm jealous of....maybe some genius within our support will come up with a proper Rangers song instead of the tedious 'God Save The Queen' lament which drains the spirit.

...and here's silly me who thought it was the players on the park who blew that lot away. Hello Hello? Grow up man.:facepalm: A shite song that has nothing to do with football whatsoever, it's all about religion and you know it.

Get off your high horse son and read what I wrote properly. I DIDN'T SAY the song beat these teams. I said 'blew them away' as in "when I walked out the noise 'blew me away' [sic Gary McAllister etc]. No doubt it got to some of the lads". There are quotes from the time of several players who spoke of the influence the crowd had on the matches. Are you saying they don't for the sake of trying to score a 'put down point' (and failing!)? Were you at any of the above mentioned games as a matter of interest?

As for your drama queen comment about the Billy Boys being a 'murderous gang'. What a load of complete inflated tripe! The Billy Boys (named after Billy Fullarton) were basically just a Glasgow [bridgeton] gang of guys, same as multitudes of others that existed then and exist now e.g. Calton Tongs, Baltic Fleet. Some nutters and some hangers on. They adopted a Protestant theme to the gang while other gangs went the other way. Nothing more and nothing less. Go calm down a bit and stop reading Spiers so much as you are beginning to sound like that drama queen.

The Billy Boys - a "crap song" and God Save the Queen "drains the spirits"? :brick:

Gav, we're up to our knees in toast and cheese.

BTW would you find it hard to arrest someome for singing this song with the words "we'll give anything to see our team, at Ibrox or away". What would the offence be? Looking at that there cant be so how can it not be sang.

Its another example that the sheep can be controlled by the sheep dog.

Just start singing it with the right words....the tune cant be banned else 75000 at Old trafford need to be arrested. Self policing...if any ned is singing it with the f word then single him out as he is ruining it for others...it will be sorted after that. End of the day we all want to sing this anthem of ours...we've been kicked and battered from all angles yet look what happens when we fight back.

HULLO HULLO.....

Get off your high horse son and read what I wrote properly. I DIDN'T SAY the song beat these teams. I said 'blew them away' as in "when I walked out the noise 'blew me away' [sic Gary McAllister etc]. No doubt it got to some of the lads". There are quotes from the time of several players who spoke of the influence the crowd had on the matches. Are you saying they don't for the sake of trying to score a 'put down point' (and failing!)? Were you at any of the above mentioned games as a matter of interest?

As for your drama queen comment about the Billy Boys being a 'murderous gang'. What a load of complete inflated tripe! The Billy Boys (named after Billy Fullarton) were basically just a Glasgow [bridgeton] gang of guys, same as multitudes of others that existed then and exist now e.g. Calton Tongs, Baltic Fleet. Some nutters and some hangers on. They adopted a Protestant theme to the gang while other gangs went the other way. Nothing more and nothing less. Go calm down a bit and stop reading Spiers so much as you are beginning to sound like that drama queen.

The Billy Boys - a "crap song" and God Save the Queen "drains the spirits"? :brick:

Fullerton was a fascist and I'm fairly sure his gang used to happily slashed people. Your 'nothing more, nothing less comment' is astounding. It's not quite that simple now is it? Fullerton is not someone to hold up as merely a rascal. He was also inherently racist.