CRO - Bring Back The Billy Boys!

Guest billmcmurdo

I don't mean to be patronising here, but this could go in circles.

Have you ever heard a converstaion go along the lines "Dont tell anyone I told you that". And the response comes back "told me what? I didn't hear anything".

I believe the above analogy fits with where a certain poster (with a reputation for negativity :whistling: :smile:) is coming from i.e. 'washing dirty linen in public' and all that.

Which is fair enough. But when a particular song is banned then you have to tackle that from a position of strength, and mindless defiance isnt that position of strength. Unless of course you want the club fined again, or worse. We need to be smart in how we tackle it, and the mindless defiance, followed by blinded denial, isnt the right tactic IMO.

Really ? Did UEFA not threaten us with the closure of Ibrox for a European game if we sang it after it being banned and us fined ?

it isnt banned in scotland, is it? it was allegedly banned by uefa when we played in europe. i am not sure we ever saw proof though, did we?

they may have. it may have been an idle threat. we should have took them on, of course a coward was calling our shots, our club or rather our fans, didnt stand a chance under him.

it was so long ago, i honestly cannot remember what the fine from uefa was for. it may have been another incident i do not want to bring up on here.

Hello Hello

we are the Rangers (Billy) boys

Hello hello

You'll know us by our noise

You bastards tried to kill our club

No surrender was our cry

For we are Famous Rangers (Billy) Boys

Hello Hello

We are the Rangers boys

Hello Hello

You'll know us by our noise

Our cry was no surrender,

we'll fight until we die

For we are the famous Rangers(billy Billy) Boys

We have allowed a kangaroo court with an agenda to force us to 'Throw the baby out with the bath water'. One word or line and someone, somewhere banned an atmosphere that blew Leeds. Parma, PSV, Dynamo KIev, Bayern, etc away.

WHAT OTHER CLUB IN OUR GLOBE has ever been asked to lose an anthem for one word? NONE!

GET IT BACK and tell our support if they want an atmosphere never to forget then they have a choice or it's ruined for ever.

"We'll follow Glasgow Rangers. We're loyal and we're true, for we are the [Rangers] Billy Boys. HULLO ! HULLO !"

or

"To the cry of No Surrender, we don't walk away, for we are the [Rangers] Billy Boys. HULLO ! HULLO HULLO ! HULLO !"

(that brings in a modern slogan)

Edited by Anchorman

We have allowed a kangaroo court with an agenda to force us to 'Throw the baby out with the bath water'. One word or line and someone, somewhere banned an atmosphere that blew Leeds. Parma, PSV, Dynamo KIev, Bayern, etc away.

WHAT OTHER CLUB IN OUR GLOBE has ever been asked to lose an anthem for one word? NONE!

GET IT BACK and tell our support if they want an atmosphere never to forget then they have a choice or it's ruined for ever.

"We'll follow Glasgow Rangers. We're loyal and we're true, for we are the [Rangers] Billy Boys. HULLO ! HULLO !"

or

"To the cry of No Surrender,we don't walk away, for we are the [Rangers] Billy Boys. HULLO ! HULLO HULLO ! HULLO !"

(that brings in a modern slogan)

...and here's silly me who thought it was the players on the park who blew that lot away. Hello Hello? Grow up man.:facepalm: A shite song that has nothing to do with football whatsoever, it's all about religion and you know it.

UEFA banned all incarnations of TBB, so changing words does not matter. And yes, it does not matter to UEFA if Killie fans et al sing the very same song.

If people really want to hit the Scum where it hurts, you have to feed them their own medicine. And as with us, you do not have to start with complaining to the SFA/SPL, but to UEFA. Once UEFA fines them (as they have already done), the SPL et al have a shield to hide behind and go after them (as they have tentatively done already). Did anyone bothered to complain to UEFA about their double-IRAoke against Barca? No? Well well.