CRO - Bring Back The Billy Boys!

Guest billmcmurdo

As I said before, I assume that the use of F*enian by the Rangers support is to denominate IRA terrorists or anti-British behaviour. Any other use of the word is IMHO intentionally misinterpreted by folk outside the Rangers support.

I completely agree with that but instead of arguing the point our argument was "we can sing what we like" and we lost that case. Once it becomes illegal, it's time to move on - why not find another word that means the same thing but is unambiguous? Or we could forget about them altogether and just sing about Rangers - why not treat them like they don't exist? They don't deserve our attention.

As I said before, I assume that the use of F*enian by the Rangers support is to denominate IRA terrorists or anti-British behaviour. Any other use of the word is IMHO intentionally misinterpreted by folk outside the Rangers support.

There are some in the Rangers support that mean RC when using fen.ian. I think that we need to be realistic and accept that.

Celtic use the same argument when it comes to Hun and it's laughable when they use it.

It's a great suggestion that we change the offending word to rebel but do we as a support have the discipline to all change it? I don't think that we do in the same way as we haven't had everyone drop the reference to the pope in Follow Follow.

UEFA banned TBB and until we become more disciplined in our use of language then it's going to stay banned unfortunately.

Point is that UEFA (sic!) does not want any support wade (even metaphorically) in the blood of other support. That said, I have no clue what the Turkish or Polish or Croatian or *take your pick* fans sing at their greatest rivals' support ... as one hardly knows their language - least of all UEFA. And those who understand it probably see it for what it is meant - football banter. Vile, cynical, but in the end just banter. 30k people singing these songs will not turn killers or butchers or whatnot when they leave the stadiums.

That said, FTP is a real no-go, no matter what people may argue.

The whole campaigning came and comes out of Scotland, especially the West of Scotland, especially those connected to the Hooped Horrors. They came up with the utterly bizarre definition of F*enian, one that has been taken up by the authorities (in the West of Scotland) and one that they bash us with. Obviously, when we speak about F*enians, we speak about the IRA and anything connected to this organization ... and we speak not of the political party or some freedom fighters of the 19th century here, but Real and Provo terrorist - as, BTW, the Scum do. Thus, there is nothing anti-Irish involved, nor can they hide behind some even more bizarre "political statement" mantra - which, of course, is equally forbidden at football grounds under Scottish (!) regulations.

The thing is ... TBB are banned by UEFA and essentially Rangers too. Unless the UEFA stance is lessened or removed, singing it will harm the club, no ifs and buts. that is what the Scum and their mhedia lackeys are looking for. So instead of singing the song, people should try to talk to UEFA and explain what has went on ever since 2007.

There are great football songs to support the club and if it has to be loyalist there is - for the time being - always Derry's Walls, BMG and obviously

I am sure Dortmund have a song about stabbing a Shalke fan in the stumach and pulling their intestines out. Something in that line anyway.

The guys on the bus I travel on to Dortmund games, sing it as they pass the Shalke stadium on the way to Dortmund

the handwringers amongst us will never allow it sadly.

This has nothing to do with handwringing. It's about the hardheadedness shown by some of us. The writing was on the wall, and it seemed like there was a digging in of heels. TBB ended up being banned and still some dug in their heels. I don't think that "get it up you" mindset will ever go away.

There is no way we could sing it without the offending line being sung. Recent examples prove the point Mind you the suggestion that "We'll give anything to see our team, at Ibrox or away" ​replaces it just sucks.

This has nothing to do with handwringing. It's about the hardheadedness shown by some of us. The writing was on the wall, and it seemed like there was a digging in of heels. TBB ended up being banned and still some dug in their heels. I don't think that "get it up you" mindset will ever go away.

There is no way we could sing it without the offending line being sung. Recent examples prove the point Mind you the suggestion that "We'll give anything to see our team, at Ibrox or away" ​replaces it just sucks.

the alleged offending line was not sung lat week at hampden. we lost all political battles years ago when our fans couldnt be bothered standing up for our rights, our beliefs or our traditions.