Mobile's are one of the best inventions and time savers ever but there seems to be some kind of cultish thing to be against them.

If you're against them for health risks then fair enough but I've yet to hear many convincing arguments against them if you rule out arguments from people who are just irritated by the use of them.

And like any great tool, they can be abused, just like the Internet, another great invention in my eyes.

naw, i've got a mobile, and, you're right, they can be used and abused - but i just hate the culture thats grown up around them. the advantage of them is that you can be contacted anywhere anytime, but this is also the disadvantage. people get annoyed when you dont text back, or dont answer the phone even though you have it, or get annoyed when you dont take it with you. i think it just feels to me like another technological imposition. the truth is you can hardly be a full functioning member of society, or in a group of friends, now, without a mobile phone. its seems like society becoming ever more dependent on the shit people sell you just to function.

of course, i still have a phone, still like getting phone calls on matchdays with spare tickets and whatnot, but i still find it all a bit troubling.

naw, i've got a mobile, and, you're right, they can be used and abused - but i just hate the culture thats grown up around them. the advantage of them is that you can be contacted anywhere anytime, but this is also the disadvantage. people get annoyed when you dont text back, or dont answer the phone even though you have it, or get annoyed when you dont take it with you. i think it just feels to me like another technological imposition. the truth is you can hardly be a full functioning member of society, or in a group of friends, now, without a mobile phone. its seems like society becoming ever more dependent on the shit people sell you just to function.

of course, i still have a phone, still like getting phone calls on matchdays with spare tickets and whatnot, but i still find it all a bit troubling.

Yeh some people would even rather talk about their telephone rather than Nacho Novo.;)

I think it must be pretty annoying for Nacho to be better known in Scotland than in Spain. He will possibly have a passion to prove himself in spain as it may live with him for the rest of his life that he wasn't a success in Spain.

Anyway back to the telephone. In the beginning when they were just out i thought that everyone with one were showoff poofs. Now i hate to to leave the house without mine. I must admit i hardly use it but it does give a sense of security in the event of the car breaking down or if anything happens at home.

I think its been misread also and he would like to play in Spain again some day and there is no way he would be linked with Celtic.

As for mobile phones, its unbelivable that this time 10 years ago nobody knew a sniff about them, and they were the size of your keyboard. Then only people who really had them was top end business men. Now everyone has one from 8 yr old kids to 80 yr old Granny's and you cant walk down a street without seeing them everywhere.

Id like to see the figures for the growth of mobile phone companies in the last 8 years.

Think it's a case as Pete said of Nacho wanting to prove himself that he can make it in Liga 1. He failed to make it into the top flight of Spanish football so headed for Scotland and Raith Rovers where he subsequently moved to Dundee and then Rangers. Being at Rangers will have raised his profile back in Spain, particularly with his recent scoring run in the Uefa Cup.

Perfectly understandable for the wee man to come out and say it and I for one wouldn't hold a grudge against him if he wanted to pursue his 'dream' of making it in his homeland.

Malky

Nacho Novo has sought to clarify reports he is keen to make a swift return to his native Spain.

On Tuesday the 27-year-old striker told a Spanish radio station he had played in Scotland for five years and wanted to join a club in his homeland.

But the former Raith and Dundee striker said: "I am trying to win a new contract with Rangers not leave them.

"In fact, it would be my dream to play here for the rest of my career. I love this club."

Novo added: "I did speak with Radio Marca, but I talk to them quite a bit.

"They asked me if I wanted to return to Spain one day and I said that I did because, like any person, I would like to go back to my homeland one day - but not at the end of this season," he told Rangers' official website.

Novo first arrived in Scotland in 2001 and signed for Raith Rovers from Huesca, and scored 20 goals in his first season before moving to Dundee for £100,000.

Anyway back to the telephone. In the beginning when they were just out i thought that everyone with one were showoff poofs.

I'm sorry but that really, really sounds like classic jealousy. :D

It's like someone who slags off Ferrari owners, then wins the lottery and buys one... ;)