A Magnificent Support

ALLY McCOIST canâ??t wait to see thousands of Rangers fans descend on Hampden tomorrow as they reinforce their reputation as the best supporters in the country.

As of 2pm today, more than 25,000 away tickets have been sold for the Third Division fixture with Queenâ??s Park at the National Stadium.

And with a total allocation of 40,000 seats available to Gers followers, surplus briefs will be available to buy outside the Mount Florida ground tomorrow from 9.30am onwards.

There will not be any places at the match available from the club or the Rangers Ticket Centre after it closes at 4pm this afternoon.

The Light Blues legions have stunned people around the world for their unrelenting commitment and dedication to the club as it has made its way in the SFL this term.

With a season-high attendance of 49,913 at the match with Stirling Albion this month, they set a new world record for a fourth-tier league game.

Now they are going on the road in huge numbers to see the Glasgow derby with Gardner Speirsâ?? side and McCoist is excited by that prospect.

He said: â??I know theyâ??ve sold a large amount of tickets for the game and it goes without saying the vast majority have been taken up by Rangers supporters.

â??I keep saying it about our support but it would be unbelievable again if they turned up in such magnificent numbers.

â??Itâ??s certainly not something I could have seen happening anywhere before but if anyone can do it, itâ??s our supporters and it should be a good day.

â??Itâ??s obviously a derby and weâ??re playing against a team which has a couple of games in hand over us.

â??Theyâ??re sitting in a good position in the league. Weâ??ve played Gardnerâ??s team already this season and they are extremely well organised.

â??They gave us a difficult game at Ibrox and theyâ??re doing really well but I would be very, very hopeful that our fans will see us get a good result.â?

The game with Queenâ??s Park is effectively this seasonâ??s replacement derby for the usual clash with city rivals Celtic.

Had Rangers still been in the SPL, they would have faced the Parkhead team yesterday and McCoist admits he does miss games against Neil Lennonâ??s team an extent.

For all that, he is enjoying coming up against the Spiders this term for everything that fixture provides.

McCoist added: â??Of course you miss the Old Firm games. They are fantastic fixtures and I miss the excitement, drama, the sick feeling in your stomach and everything that goes with it.

â??At the same time, weâ??ve known for a while weâ??re not going to have them in the league but weâ??ve got another derby instead.

â??Itâ??s one of the oldest derbies in world football and itâ??s certainly something we are looking forward to.

â??Obviously the Rangers-Celtic game is the biggest game in the country but this is a big, big game for both clubs which will be appearing tomorrow at Hampden.â?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3012-a-magnificent-support