Fran's not cross

what a strange thing to ask a player. one i find hard to believe to be honest.

Again ... who "advised" (sic!) him? Anyone from Rangers? Any official from Rangers? Nacho Novo? Who? It could have been in said in jest by a friend. Someone utterly oblivious about what went on at Ibrox this last decade.

Again ... who "advised" (sic!) him? Anyone from Rangers? Any official from Rangers? Nacho Novo? Who? It could have been in said in jest by a friend. Someone utterly oblivious about what went on at Ibrox this last decade.

i would love to know who. that should have been the next question in the interview.

I'm thinking the Fast Show or something could make a comedy sketch about football players crossing themselves.

As they come on the pitch and do it there could be a thought bubble showing you what they're thinking, so it could be stuff like:-

"Please God, don't let anyone notice that I'm not really very good at this!"

"Please God, tell me my wife hasn't gone shopping again!"

"Please God, help me avoid tackles because I'm frail and my legs are worth a fortune!"

"Please God, help me score a goal because that's what I'm paid for, but I haven't been doing it!"

"Please God, make sure my video switches on to record A Place In The Sun!"

incredible that a newspaper or media outlet from another country could have the same agenda as the bitter and twisted ones form here, then again, there is a common denominator.

Nope, they sure have not. The thing is that beyond Britain, the stereotypical depiction of Glasgow football is that they are the Catholic team and we are the Protestant team. It's ingrained in any report after decades of breeding. That we (at least the club) have by moved on for the better part of 2 decades - or in other words: a quarter of a century - simply does not matter. Last but not least because of the Scum's show of Irish Catholicism and their "suppressed minority theme". As I said elsewhere, each time we find an article on here going on about us being "Protestant" - with all the baggage that comes with it - we address the reporter/mag/paper and rectify this modern myth. Hence, their stance has lessened somewhat - after all, if they tell rubbish despite knowing better, there is the German Presserat (press council) who does not take kindly on media people actively/purposefully telling rubbish.

Thus, I assume the reporter simply lacked any sort of modern day knowledge about the club and asked such childish question. Then again, quite a number of reporters do not exactly belong to an especially intelligent species of mankind anyway.

Willie Johnston was a great crosser so wiz Tommy McLean. That goalkeeper who played for c*lt*c Boruc I think he was called used to get the Ibrox stands on their feet when he done it :crazy:

Yes, but Boruc was a mental case and knew full well what he did and to whom (sic!) he did it. Unless I am mistaken, he hardly ever made the same gesture that openly and forcefully in any other ground. That said, he mocked us as we mock him/them. Banter, cynical banter, but still only banter. It's the same like this mental gesture by opposition scorers, who put the "silencing finger" on their lips while running past a full stand of the opposition's support.

Guys, one of his team mates has told him not to do it as it will piss off a section of the support, which it will! The club may be trying to 'move on', but the reality is if you were sat at Ibrox on match day and a player openly crossed themselves, you would always be within earshot of someone telling him to fuck off. People here are only pissed off the player has mentioned this to the press without making it clear it wasn't a club official that told him not to do it. It's a pr faux pas by a daft player.

Hurry up and get Jim traynor behind his desk!