Fran's not cross

FRAN SANDOZA last night revealed how he was advised on day one at Rangers not to cross himself before matches.

The Ibrox striker told a Spanish newspaper: â??Am I a Catholic? Iâ??m not talking about that. But is it strange to play for a Protestant club? That is not something football is concerned about.

â??But on my first day the people at the club advised me not to cross myself before the start of matches. That helps to avoid misunderstandings but it is not a topic that bothers me much.â?

ì

But on my first day the people at the club advised me not to cross myself before the start of matches

î

Fran Sandoza

Sandaza also reveals in the interview that he considered returning to Spain during the summer, but clubs couldnâ??t match what Rangers were offering.

He said: â??I wanted to see whether the door was open for me to make a return to Spain, and I got some offers from clubs. But once I saw what Rangers were offering me I stepped back from those clubs.â?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/367323/Fran-s-not-cross

'RANGERS have vehemently denied telling Fran Sandaza not to bless himself before matches at Ibrox.

In an interview with Spanish paper AS the former St Johnstone hitman revealed he was “advised” not to make the sign of the cross.

Sandaza, who joined Rangers in August, said: “Am I a Catholic? I’m not talking about that. Is it strange to play for a Protestant club? That is not something football should be concerned about.

“But on my first day I was advised not to cross myself before matches.

“It’s not a subject that worries me too much. I’m at Rangers, a historic club and one that will return to the highest level very soon.”

However, Rangers are adamant the club had no influence on Sandaza’s decision not to display his religious beliefs.

An Ibrox source told Record Sport last night: “It has never been the club’s policy to advise players on this type of thing and it never will be.”

Rangers were also keen to point out that former stars such as Lorenzo Amoruso and Shota Arveladze regularly blessed themselves during their time at Ibrox.

Meanwhile, Sandaza insists he’s relishing the challenge he faces at Rangers after making the move from McDiarmid Park in the summer. The 28-year-old says he doesn’t regret his decision to knock back offers from Spain to join Ally McCoist’s side.

Sandaza said: “I wanted to see if the door was open to return to Spain. I had some offers from back home but once I saw what Rangers were offering I stepped back from the other clubs.

“The interest from Rangers was such that I didn’t think twice about joining them. It did not matter that they are in the Third Division. They are a historic club, not just in

Scotland but in Europe as well.

“Few people know what I’ve had to go through to get to play for a club at this level. Rangers are a top club and it excites me to play in front of 50,000 fans when we’re at home.'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...andaza-1508161

If he was told this by someone at Rangers then I wish the club would have a word with that person,also why did the idiot mention this in an interview?,the Rangers fans are well past all that shit.

Most Rangers fan are, not all unfortunately.