Nottingham Forest name Alex McLeish as new manager

Eck won trophies as manager of Rangers. Any decent manager should win trophies as manager of Rangers. I will give him credit for getting us into the last 16 of the Champions League though. However, he did then play Namouchi, Hughes and Malcolm in a midfield 3 for a must win Europa League game which we ended up getting humped.

Edited by Gazza_8

Always felt McLeish has luck on his side, and he got a lucky escape again yesterday with a last minute leveller at home to Palace. The supporters of the teams he is going to now are not happy with the appointment, thats Villa and Forest fans not happy.

He will need to convince a lot of people at Forest

Horrendous start....lucky 2-2 with Palace and a 3-0 hiding from Blackburn.....even the players are probably wondering why he was appointed. Good bye Forests play off hopes. This will be McLeish's last job in England...he'll be Aberdeens manager next

wonder if he'll do as he usually does i.e. leave club in worse state than he inherits it.

He left us 14 million pound better off than when he joined us. The Eck bashing on this forum is a bit ridiculous. He constantly sticks up for us in the press when noone else was in 2012. Villa have really went from strength to strength without him. They've given Lambert much more money than Eck had and are in a worse position than this time last year.

He left us 14 million pound better off than when he joined us. The Eck bashing on this forum is a bit ridiculous. He constantly sticks up for us in the press when noone else was in 2012. Villa have really went from strength to strength without him. They've given Lambert much more money than Eck had and are in a worse position than this time last year.

Sorry harley, I know your ties. Its nothing personal or bashing at all....Big Eck was the finest centre halfs you get, up there in a list with Baresi, Adams etc for me. He and Miller restricted Hansen to only 26 Scotland caps. Id rave all day about him as a defender. But as a manager its not happened.

Villa have went backwards in the last 5 years since MON left by a country mile. 5th top to 5th bottom?

Ive always liked Forest and I hope to see him prove everyone wrong.....its a cracking league that one and its tough.

So what if he constantly sticks up for us? Aren't we entitled to an opinion?