The only show in town!

Borrowed from FF:

Last year Sky ended the year with celtic v rangers their flagship SPL game. This season Sky have decided not to show an SPL fixture between xmas and new year, instead we will be treated to

7 English premiership games

2 English championship games

and of course a Scottish 3rd div game starring the original glasgow derby,

So much so Sky have had complaints from septic, who I have been told are complaining and themselves are now thinking of a sky boycott? Why?

Sky have booked only 17 of their 30 games of the season up until March and in doing so leave them self with ESPN to use 23 live games from a possible of 54 SPL fixtures.

SPL fixture Celtic were last on SKY on the 4th Nov 2012 and wont be again until 24th February 2013.

16 weeks and no SPL CELTIC on sky?

why? We know, Sky know, but as always celtic / spl / scottish mhedia know but deny.

Sky 73% down on SPL viewing figures from last year, AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE!

I know a few don't care. Well prove how little you care by not posting that you dont care.

For those that do I find this very interesting. Not only do Sky have no interest in the SPL. They have little in Celtic.

I really hope all this talk of us being able to stuff the SPL by not being shoe-horned into their future tv deals is true. Then the SFL clubs would have to stand strong with us in any reconstruction chat.

From the same thread:

I have a friend who works in advertising at Sky and they stated "alternative programming is being looked into" due to a "collapse" in advertising revenue resulting from the SPL. What the OP states is not too far away from what is happening at Sky.

Can in no way vouch for the poster and so it is more a case of I would like this to be true than there is anything in it. But further interesting "information" none the less. (potentially).

If Celtic had been dumped from the SPL the figures would be the same. Without one of the OF the broadcasters aren't interested.

You might be right. But considering our viewing figures in SFL3 people could more reasonably make the argument that the numbers would look a lot healthier if it was them and not us who was missing.

I actually think it is important,the proof is in the pudding as they say!,when you see the attendance at the piggery as low as it has been this season,as well as all the other SPL matches, and compare that to Ibrox it's simple,it's all about viewing figures,(cash), for sky and the likes. Some people say why bother what their crowds are, and your obsessed with their crowds!,etc:,etc:, wrong!,it's not obsession it's hard facts and shows when the TV deals are up for negotiations Rangers will play a big part in that.

Indeed the only show in town.

I actually think it is important,the proof is in the pudding as they say!,when you see the attendance at the piggery as low as it has been this season,as well as all the other SPL matches, and compare that to Ibrox it's simple,it's all about viewing figures,(cash), for sky and the likes. Some people say why bother what their crowds are, and your obsessed with their crowds!,etc:,etc:, wrong!,it's not obsession it's hard facts and shows when the TV deals are up for negotiations Rangers will play a big part in that.

Indeed the only show in town.

I really want it to be the case that we can dictate the tv deals and even go it alone without the SPL. But i'm worried somehow the SFA/SPL will block this or we wont be strong enough to play the hand we have. Or the SFL will not support us.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread on this as I know it bores/annoys some fans.

So searched for a thread with a relevant discussion.

Here's the FOI for their ICT game:

Completely forgot about this and thought i'd stick it up for the record along with the other ones.

Quite interesting this one.

BBC gave the official attendance as 44,379

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20374545

Oh dear,somethings not right here,celtc fans also claim their club has 44,000 season ticket holders,now..Looking at the BBC official attendance that would then mean only 379 people bought a ticket for this game or all those 44,000 season ticket holders turned up and perhaps the Inverness fans bought the other 379 tickets..But that would then mean no celtc fans outwith season ticket holders bought a ticket from public sale.

But anyway,FOI says totally different,official figures given to the police by the club themselves is 31,155.

A shortfall of 13,124

Didn't want to start a new thread on this as I know it bores/annoys some fans.

So searched for a thread with a relevant discussion.

Here's the FOI for their ICT game:

So, where do the BBC get their figures from? Do they make it up themselves or do they ask Celtic for it? Because that's not a small difference. Was that one of their games with offers on? They had an email with a 'reward' for season ticket holders for free tickets I believe. Plus the groupon offer they had.