Garrion Security Services

Doing our own stewarding?

Yep, they're ditching G4S and doing it themselves. I thought they would bring it in house and just have the club employing security staff, but it looks like they've set up their own company to take the G4S work.

It would be a shame if this wasn't owned by the club because ditching G4S should be an opportunity to cut the club's costs with an in-house and non-profit security division, but then it would be a subsidiary of the holding company "Rangers International Football Club plc". That's the type of positive thing they could have meant by "other identified projects" in the prospectus, but if it isn't being set up to cut the profit out of our security costs for the benefit of the club, then it might not be quite so positive depending on how you look at it.

Better not jump the gun though. I'm sure we'll find out more soon enough....

It was formed as Rangers Security Services Limited back in September, the name change is probably due to being too similar to an existing company. No shareholder details as yet though I expect it to be a wholly owned subsidiary of the new holding company. I don't see it constituting anything nefarious (well hopefully anyway!).