Ryan on Gers list

Whilst it's great to be blooding all these youngsters, we all know the reality is that when we're back in the top division only a few will have what it takes to retain a rangers jersey. Signing a bunch of the best youngsters around right now makes sense. By spreading our bets today we can keep those who develop best and fill out the team with signings in the future. In fact, if we don't adopt a wider youth signing policy I will be extremely disappointed. Some of the lads we have look like prospects, others we must admit, just happen to be along for the ride at this moment in time.

Just because the lads we have now may have 3 years in the first team doesn't guarantee they will develop into stars. We need to be cherry picking the best 17-19 year olds in Scotland NOW.

We can sign young players out of contract now and in-contract in January but the question is do we need any more youngsters? We are already playing about 9 of them with 6 regularly getting a game. It's all very attractive to think of playing 11 youngsters but is that really what people want to see? And who do these youngsters learn from?

For me, unless we can find the next Gattuso, I think we've got enough rookies for going on with.

Alexander

Argyriou

Cribari

Wallace

Black

McCulloch

Shiels

Templeton

Kyle

Little

Sandaza

Perry (got quite a bit of first team experience and not a teenager anymore)

Hutton (likewise)

Goian and Bocanegra are still on the club's books

Plenty of experience however much you like to say otherwise. But Ally will not just sign youngsters anyway.

Alexander – yes, but he’s a goalie.

Argyriou – 24 and foreign and not exactly composed.

Cribari – 31, so could be but doubts about his English. Hardly in the league of Weir.

Wallace – 25, good player but still young and this is arguably his first big club.

Black – 27, in the same category as Wallace but slightly older.

McCulloch – yes.

Shiels – 24 – similar to Black.

Templeton – 23, similar to Wallace.

Kyle – 31, could have been but not exactly mature for his age.

Little – 23, might be older than a teenager but still a rookie.

Sandaza – 28, first big club, not exactly a role model.

Perry – 22, first total rookie.

Hutton – 21, likewise

Goian and Bocanegra – not even in Scotland.

I really don’t know what you’re trying to get at but I just don't agree with your thinking - there is not much experience in the squad in my opinion. Not all our youngsters are under 21 but even the 23 year-olds like Little, are what I'd call rookies. It's their first full season and they are still learning and not in a great position to pass on experienced wisdom, certainly not at the level I had in mind.

Who would you prefer to take advice from - Perry or Weir?

Ally can ONLY sign under 18's until September. Has everyone forgotten?

What is your definition of experience then? Seasoned top flight campaigners don't seem to be enough for you or internationalists, or 100 odd games in one of Europe's top leagues.

Do you want us to be dad's army or something?

Very poor. You are pretty much calling the Man United team of 1996, "Dad's Army".

Yes, I'd like a squad like that dad's army with our youngsters suplimented by experienced players like Schmeichel, Bruce, McClair, Irwin, Pallister and Cantona - all over 30.

There should be less pressure but look at the reaction to a few points before a new and young team got into its stride... but I don't really see your point as mine is about having some wise heads around to lead the younger players and it certainly worked for Man United. You seem to be arguing for argument's sake with your last few posts.

CRAIG BROWN wants FIFA to ensure Aberdeen don’t get fleeced over Ryan Fraser.

SunSport revealed yesterday Rangers and English clubs want the winger, left, after he told Dons he won’t extend his deal, which expires next summer.

Boss Brown is unhappy the compensation rules would see them get just £250,000 for the home-grown teenager.

Dons are still reeling from receiving just £500,000 for Fraser Fyvie, £400,000 for Chris Maguire and £200,000 for Jack Grimmer.

Now Brown wants world football’s governing body to change the rules and guarantee more cash.

He said: “I would look at FIFA’s rules on compensation. Too many players are lost for minimal fees and they need to look at a fairer system.

“The top teams in England get more than £60million in TV money.

“When there is that kind of money around it is easy for them to come up here and take a chance on a young boy for a small amount of money.

“It is a cheap option for these clubs. Unless it is fairer then there is hardly a point in developing these boys.

“We got around £200,000 for Jack Grimmer but we would rather we still had him at the club.

“I would like FIFA to step in and have a more realistic level of compensation and also apply it to clubs within the same borders.”

Gers face a registration embargo until September 1 next year but can sign players on pre-contracts.

They face competition from Swansea, Wigan and Huddersfield for the talented 18-year-old.

Meanwhile Fraser will still be missing when the Dons head for Motherwell tonight for their Scottish Cup replay.

Clark Robertson could be fit but Isaac Osbourne, Gary Naysmith, Rob Milsom, Stephen Hughes, Ryan Jack, Chris Clark and Fraser are all out.

Brown said: “I am fed up telling sob stories about injuries.

“I think we are a better side this year, or at least we would be if we had a full-strength team.

“Unfortunately we are not able to do that.

“Motherwell are not invincible, because we should have been three up inside the first 10 minutes in the first game and we aim to prove that this time.”

There should be less pressure but look at the reaction to a few points before a new and young team got into its stride... but I don't really see your point as mine is about having some wise heads around to lead the younger players and it certainly worked for Man United. You seem to be arguing for argument's sake with your last few posts.

Well to be fair we've had the same debate a few times, of course there's more younger players in the squad than we've generally known but that was to be expected dropping three divisions surely? But I do think you have a tendency to exaggerate how young the squad is and portray some players as less experienced than they are. Plus apart from Lewis MacLeod it's been mostly in and out of the team for the kids.

Using our academy players should be a positive thing but you seem to be pretty negative about it.

Edited by simplythebest