Ryan on Gers list

Any predictions? Hope we're looking all over.

Nope no predictions.

We certainly should be looking all over but I'm not convinced we do.

Maybe we'll sign one of the dozens we were watching at Euro 2012.

To be perfectly honest it won't break my heart if we signed nobody on a pre-contract in January and the same come September, we certainly have enough at present to see us promoted 2 years on the trot without adding to it, the younger players will learn far more actually playing in the first team than they will playing in the age restricted leagues or sitting in the stands.

Nope no predictions.

We certainly should be looking all over but I'm not convinced we do.

Maybe we'll sign one of the dozens we were watching at Euro 2012.

To be perfectly honest it won't break my heart if we signed nobody on a pre-contract in January and the same come September, we certainly have enough at present to see us promoted 2 years on the trot without adding to it, the younger players will learn far more actually playing in the first team than they will playing in the age restricted leagues or sitting in the stands.

I'd be happy enough with that myself, only thing is it would be used to accuse Green of not wanting to put anything in.

We can sign young players out of contract now and in-contract in January but the question is do we need any more youngsters? We are already playing about 9 of them with 6 regularly getting a game. It's all very attractive to think of playing 11 youngsters but is that really what people want to see? And who do these youngsters learn from?

For me, unless we can find the next Gattuso, I think we've got enough rookies for going on with.

Can't say I watched this guy often, but I was a bit wary about Aluko too. And he sure set the heather on fire after pulling on the Gersey. I would assume that much like our youngsters, people like Ryan can sure hold their head up in Divi 3 and 2. With folk like the youngsters we can thus create a younger team that gets valuable experience, a winning feeling and also learn from the word go what it means to play for Rangers. Add the odd "old" campaigner to provide us and them with experience on the park and the recipe looks good enough. The recipe to create a team for the future seasons.

The only concern I have is the "lack" of "quality" at the back ... though one a) never knows what happens to our loanies and b) whether McCoist and Co. look at defenders too.

We can sign young players out of contract now and in-contract in January but the question is do we need any more youngsters? We are already playing about 9 of them with 6 regularly getting a game. It's all very attractive to think of playing 11 youngsters but is that really what people want to see? And who do these youngsters learn from?

For me, unless we can find the next Gattuso, I think we've got enough rookies for going on with.

I don't see what age has to do with anything. If you're good enough and all that. I don't want to see McCoist signing foreigners aged 30+ for one final payday. We've been there and seen it happening and it wasn't pretty. We need to sign players who have still to prove themselves and I don't mean a foreigner who has played for 10 clubs and hasn't done it at any of the teams.

I don't see what age has to do with anything. If you're good enough and all that.

This problem is that 99.99% of teenagers aren't good enough - not when you already have 6 rookies in the team and 3 on the bench. Do you really think we need another 17 year old?

I don't want to see McCoist signing foreigners aged 30+ for one final payday.

What about if you're good enough, you're young enough? Or are you ageist?

When you go for an operation, do you want a team of teenagers led by a 21 year old or do you want an older, very experienced consultant overseeing things? The same goes for just about any business but here we're talking about a 30 year old like he's ancient...

We've been there and seen it happening and it wasn't pretty.

Yeah, we haven't been successful in the last 20 years have we...

We need to sign players who have still to prove themselves and I don't mean a foreigner who has played for 10 clubs and hasn't done it at any of the teams.

The massive point that you're missing is that we have a transfer embargo. We CAN sign 17 year olds but as my original post pointed out, our team is already pretty young - possibly too young, which has brought some results that have had many complaining loudly - including the football not being "pretty".

On a sidenote, we should keep in mind that we simply will not solely sign youngsters or young players. There will be freebies like Murphy (Black, Shiels et al) on the way too. I doubt that Ally will be under the same strain time-wise as he was this summer. Right now, looking for the most talented youngsters out there will sure not harm us.

And, while we are at it, I have seen dozens of "not good enough" players become Rangers greats in these last three decades. And I have seen quite a few of "greats" becoming "not good enoughs" too. More often than not, those who came to Rangers with a supposedly weaker pedigree performed admirably though. And with admirably I do not exactly mean "world class".