Idea for reconstruction

Here's my idea for League construction which could be the solution to both SFL, SPL and all 42 clubs. SFL want a 16 team top league and the SPL want a 12 team top division. (16 Teams would been my original preference but it is less games which could have been made up with a winter break plus League cup matches on weekends).

However what the game needs is a boost and something to inspire all clubs.

The first season could be a 16-10-16. The 16 team SPL 1 would have the bottom 6 teams relegated with 2 promoted from the 10 division SPL 2. This would give every team something to play for likely right up until the final day. I think even the TV companies would fancy this.

Similar promotions and relegations in the 10 team SPL 2 and 16 team championship happen to allow a restructure to 12-12-18. After one season of the 12-12-18 the regional leagues open up and there is relegation from the Championship (3rd tier).

The first season Rangers would be in the Championship (current 10 teams in Div 3 plus 6 from Div 2). We'd likely be promoted so when the new structure of 12-12-18 starts the 6 teams relegated in the first season would likely have fixtures v Rangers in SPL 2, so all is not lost for them.

Its a fresh start and chance for every club in every league.

The 16 SPL teams for next season would be the top 11 SPL clubs plus 5 promoted from Div 1.

The 10 SPL2 teams would be 1 relegated SPL club plus 4 current div 1 clubs plus 5 from Div 2.

The 16 team championship would 1 relegated from Div 1 plus remaining Div 2 teams plus all 10 from current div 3.

This doesnt fast track Rangers any quicker to the top division so nobody can be blamed for that excuse.

All rights reserved by me.