Itâ??s so weird without Gers

NEIL LENNON has confessed top flight life without Rangers is strange.

Celtic gaffer Lennon admits his side would be well behind in the SPL â?? or perhaps would have struggled in the Champions League â?? if their bitter rivals were still in the top division.

Lennon said: â??If we had not had the Champions League I donâ??t think we would have been inconsistent in the league. If Rangers had been in the league then we might have been lagging behind a bit.

â??But we have come out of big deficits before on Rangers, so it is all hypothetical.

â??There is definitely less of an edge and you can feel that with the fans as well at times with Rangers not being there. It is just a natural feeling because the competition has been so intense. It is surreal at times.

â??It does take up a lot of your time, and there is a lot of negativity towards it.

â??That is from a managerâ??s point of view, but from everybody elseâ??s perspective it is brilliant.

â??The to-ing and fro-ing between these two juggernauts. It has been less stressful, put it that way. But I am not saying it has been more beneficial.

â??Who knows if Rangers had been here would we have had this run in the Champions League? I donâ??t know.â?

Celtic go to Arbroath on Wednesday night for a Scottish Cup fourth round replay that looks treacherous. Lennon added: â??It is the romance of the Cup, if you want to call it that. But I want to go to Gayfield and win.

â??I want us to progress in all the competitions and I want us to really start focusing on the domestic games.

â??While the Champions League has been a really nice distraction, it has had an affect on our domestic form. The players have got something to look forward to in a couple of months time.

â??But that is then, now they have to knuckle down and play that type of football domestically.

â??After the euphoria of last Wednesday night, you donâ??t want to have an embarrassment on your hands. I also want us to retain the title and show everyone we are a top European team.

â??The last two seasons we have been close to the Treble and that is our target again.â?

Top flight football without any challengers is a walk in the park...thank f**k for the CL he says.

I was a bit reluctant to post this tbh!, looks like he has a perfect excuse for poor performances in the league.

Enjoy your tainted titles ya bigoted wee chunt

Humbly suggest to move this to the Footie chat. TLB's garbage does not deserve to spoil this board.

@ kuznetzov ... football never works like that.

As I said mate, I was reluctant to post this article, however it does mention Rangers!