SPLâ??s plans set to get go-ahead

For me it's not so much about the structure of the Leagues, but who ultimately will run the leagues. If it's the SPL then the game is truly fooked up here, if it's the SFL then we have a chance of building something worth while out the debris of this year.

I don't think the SFL's 16-10-16 proposal is particularly well thought out. Like you, it's having Longmuir in charge that I find appealing.

If they merge the governing bodies, then that would be a start. And if they use their heads they can use the 12-12-18 proposal to everyone's advantage:

To get a second flight of 12 would clearly require 2 extra promotions via the play-offs.

Since Div2 and Div3 are set to be merged (as it stands) there's no real benefit to winning Div3 - effectively all the teams will be promoted.

Therefore, it would make sense for the Div3 Champions to get a place in the play-offs to enter the second flight.

If this were to happen, in just over a year we could be going into the "play-off 8", having had an embargo-free winter transfer window.

That would be a solution everyone could accept, IMO.

Interesting paragraph in the UEFA statement of today ...

Anyone willing to contact them about our treatment by the SFA, the deals between the SPL & Lawwell (re e.g. Sky), the SPL "inquiry" (who does it, who benefits) etc.?

this is a great idea. when we were hammered over the nothing incidents in europe it was only because of thousands of celtic fans complained to uefa. nothing will get done unless we make enough noise about getting it done.

Is there actually a plan how the "bottom" league does its fixtures? Some split too? Will the "Bottom League" winners go straight into the "SPL 2"?

On face value, we would be playing third tier football next season, no matter what. But all this split-here, split-there stuff is essentially only serving the big teams (i.e. the football will only be more "attractive" to this upper strata, while the lower teams are being deprived of another pay-day or two - i.e. games againtst the top teams), much like the SPL itself did since its birth.