Mols pays tribute to the rangers fans

MICHAEL MOLS says fans of Hollandâ??s biggest clubs would never have stood by their clubs the way Rangers fans have supported theirs if theyâ??d had the same financial troubles.

The former Light Blues star is one of many former Ibrox favourites who will return to Glasgow for the clubâ??s 140th anniversary celebrations this weekend.

And the Dutchman canâ??t wait to sample the atmosphere at his old stomping ground the match with Stirling Albion, which is on course to sell out as things stand.

Mols, of course, was back in Govan earlier this year to play in the friendly between a Gers legends team and AC Milan Glorie which the hosts won 1-0 thanks to Ally McCoistâ??s goal.

He wishes he could play again when the Binos coming calling but will instead have to settle for a seat in the stand the night after attending the clubâ??s anniversary dinner.

Mols canâ??t wait to come back to Scotland to see how things are progressing after the trials and tribulations brought by administration earlier this year.

And he has paid tribute to the fans who used to idolise him for the way theyâ??ve continued following their team in a way he doesnâ??t think people in his homeland would have done.

Mols said: â??Itâ??s great the club is getting strong again but it is not really a surprise for me to see the support still getting behind Rangers.

â??The team is now in the Third Division but what is happening at Ibrox is amazing and unbelievable because every league crowd is still over 45,000 people.

â??That sums up what Rangers is all about and under normal circumstances, if a club dropped so many divisions the supporters might not follow it.

â??Maybe some people expected there would be less than 10,000 people watching Rangers this season but thatâ??s not the case.

â??Football fans in Holland think what is going on at Ibrox just now is amazing because the Third Division is the equivalent to playing in the amateur leagues here.

â??If Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV were to be relegated to that level, they would never have taken 45,000 supporters with them. No chance.

â??Rangers and their fans are getting a lot of respect from the Dutch because of what they are doing just now.

â??Even when we played AC Milan Glorie at the start of the year and there were 45,000 fans there to see some old men having fun in the park, people back home couldnâ??t believe it.â?

Mols is excited by the rise of Rangers again and he has no doubt they will keep going from strength to strength.

He added: â??They say that what doesnâ??t kill you makes you stronger and the bond between everyone at the club is even better than it was before.

â??Everybody is behind Rangers and they want to make a statement to everyone else that they are still alive and getting better. It is unbelievable to see.

â??I canâ??t wait to be back in Glasgow this weekend. I donâ??t see highlights of games in Holland but Ibrox feels like my second home and it will be good to go there again.

â??The nicest thing about Saturdayâ??s game is we will be looking back at 140 years of Rangers and I am part of the clubâ??s history, something I am very proud of.

â??It is a great, great club and I feel that in my heart. To see Rangers surviving and still alive after all it has been through is a wonderful thing.â?

MICHAEL MOLS says fans of Holland’s biggest clubs would never have stood by their clubs the way Rangers fans have supported theirs if they’d had the same financial troubles.

The former Light Blues star is one of many former Ibrox favourites who will return to Glasgow for the club’s 140th anniversary celebrations this weekend.

And the Dutchman can’t wait to sample the atmosphere at his old stomping ground the match with Stirling Albion, which is on course to sell out as things stand.

Mols, of course, was back in Govan earlier this year to play in the friendly between a Gers legends team and AC Milan Glorie which the hosts won 1-0 thanks to Ally McCoist’s goal.

He wishes he could play again when the Binos coming calling but will instead have to settle for a seat in the stand the night after attending the club’s anniversary dinner.

Mols can’t wait to come back to Scotland to see how things are progressing after the trials and tribulations brought by administration earlier this year.

And he has paid tribute to the fans who used to idolise him for the way they’ve continued following their team in a way he doesn’t think people in his homeland would have done.

Mols said: “It’s great the club is getting strong again but it is not really a surprise for me to see the support still getting behind Rangers.

“The team is now in the Third Division but what is happening at Ibrox is amazing and unbelievable because every league crowd is still over 45,000 people.

“That sums up what Rangers is all about and under normal circumstances, if a club dropped so many divisions the supporters might not follow it.

“Maybe some people expected there would be less than 10,000 people watching Rangers this season but that’s not the case.

“Football fans in Holland think what is going on at Ibrox just now is amazing because the Third Division is the equivalent to playing in the amateur leagues here.

“If Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV were to be relegated to that level, they would never have taken 45,000 supporters with them. No chance.

“Rangers and their fans are getting a lot of respect from the Dutch because of what they are doing just now.

“Even when we played AC Milan Glorie at the start of the year and there were 45,000 fans there to see some old men having fun in the park, people back home couldn’t believe it.”

Mols is excited by the rise of Rangers again and he has no doubt they will keep going from strength to strength.

He added: “They say that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and the bond between everyone at the club is even better than it was before.

“Everybody is behind Rangers and they want to make a statement to everyone else that they are still alive and getting better. It is unbelievable to see.

“I can’t wait to be back in Glasgow this weekend. I don’t see highlights of games in Holland but Ibrox feels like my second home and it will be good to go there again.

“The nicest thing about Saturday’s game is we will be looking back at 140 years of Rangers and I am part of the club’s history, something I am very proud of.

“It is a great, great club and I feel that in my heart. To see Rangers surviving and still alive after all it has been through is a wonderful thing.”

Aside from everything else positive he says (which is terrific by the way) this piece in bold.... I wish ANY and ALL past and present RFC employees would use this terminology when describing us... "surviving and still alive" - THANK YOU MICHAEL MOLS !!!

Always pleased to see how many of our former players keep such an emotional attachment to the club, foreign players who make Glasgow their second home is always pleasing to see with the likes of Mols and Rino being obvious examples. True legends every one of them!