Rangers v Stirling Albion under 4000 tickets remaining

Research has established that Moses brother James McNeil listed above is Mrs Pirie's Grandfather and Moses Brother.

James was very successful in the Drapery and Lace trade . He worked for Stewart and McDonald who's premises is now Frasers of Buchanan Street.

He's buried at Craigton Cemetery alongside his parents, and brothers Peter, William and Alexander which Mrs.Pire didn't know about.

Yesterday afternoon myself and my colleague Gordon took Mrs. Pirie around the Founders Trail by car where we visited many locations including four homes where her Grandfather lived. She visited Craigton and paid her respects at her Grandfathers and Great Uncle's final resting place.

Cracking story, well done Steve, you're a star.

Thanks again such an interesting link, this part stunned me tho' considering I'd just recently read about it and subsequently posted it on the Gersnet 'wee daft fact' thread:

That is not to say there are not mistakes in the book. Sadly, the chapter on Tom Vallance states Sir Stanley Matthews was directly related to him via Tom’s son, James.

In fact, two James Vallances married two Elizabeth Wilsons in the first half of the 20th century and the Matthews line came from the Vallance-Wilson marriage not associated with ‘Honest Tom’ of Rangers fame.

Not to worry, the fact you went further and found it wasn't the case says a lot more about your research.

Thanks.

Re: Moses McNeil's Family Will Join Us At Ibrox On Saturday.......

Mrs Pirie.

" Uncle Moses had a snow-drop tree in his garden. If wet he would get us to stand under it then shake it from behind so everyone got soaked . That really made him laugh