Conduct of Sir David Murray, Craig Whyte and Rangers directors examined

No, why? Whatever the initial plans Whyte wasn't involved in any of the bids so who else would they have a problem with?

They want to investigate going all the way back through the Murray years, not just Whyte's calamity few months.

To me HMRC knew exactly what was going on, and had no intention of letting them get a CVA. The very fact they made a big thing in the statement that they wished Rangers Football Club all the best in the future and they will pursue the real culprits.

The question being asked in Parliament House is why Duff and Phelps granted HMRC voting rights of circa £93 million for a contested and undecided alleged debt, that action ensured there would be no CVA, interesting times ahead.

No, HMRC made their reasons for no CVA very clear, and it wasn't the identity of the administrators. Lets not go down this route.

yeah they want to get their own guys in to investigate was a major one.

a telling statement from them on the trustworthyness of d&p.

No, why? Whatever the initial plans Whyte wasn't involved in any of the bids so who else would they have a problem with?

They want to investigate going all the way back through the Murray years, not just Whyte's calamity few months.

perhaps they want to investigate d&p.

To me HMRC knew exactly what was going on, and had no intention of letting them get a CVA. The very fact they made a big thing in the statement that they wished Rangers Football Club all the best in the future and they will pursue the real culprits.

And they also pointed out the investigations into individuals couldn't be done with a CVA and Rangers could still end up liable for a load of stuff.

As far as HMRC were and are concerned David Murray and Craig Whyte screwed them out of millions, that was the case regardless of who the administrators were. So I don't see how that adds up to D&P costing the CVA, it was never happening whoever was in charge of insolvency, the tax had still not been paid.

You're deluded if you don't think they want to look back at the last 12 years as well as any of the recent stuff. They didn't go after us on EBTs for the hell of it.

they have no mandate to go back that far. I would also point out at least three different bidders complained of difficulties with d&p.

they have no mandate to go back that far. I would also point out at least three different bidders complained of difficulties with d&p.

How have they got no mandate? The liquidation of the old company will give them forensic access to all sorts of things going way back. The HMRC statement itself said they want to look at those responsible for the finances over the last few years, not the last few months.

I know you're a big believer that there was nothing wrong at Rangers before Whyte arrived, Murray and Bain are wonderful etc but I don't think many of the authorities agree.

Four if you count Kennedy as a separate bidder. I count at least Kennedy, Bill Miller, Bill Ng and TBK consortium who all supposedly had various issues with Duff & Phelps.