I'm sorry he feels that way but I can't get my head around it to be honest. If he's a long term fan I don't see how he can just stop being one just like that.

It doesn't make any sense to me either. For starters, if anyone has a negative experience at Ibrox because of the actions of certain fans then it's easy enough to just try getting seats in different sections, a different stand etc. If you wanted to go to the extent of getting out of the stands completely (for whatever reason), then you could just get a hospitality package every now and then, but you wouldn't need to stop going completely.

Anyway, we might be struggling with freedom of speech in Scotland, but we still have freedom of choice on most things, so if someone genuinely chooses to stop going to Ibrox and stop being a Rangers fan, then that's their choice and I for one won't be party to judging them for their decisions.

Well you quoted my question in your post.

Indeed I challenged a strange view point from you that I have explained twice previously. But you accused me of a dodging a question that I never had asked of me. Makes no sense.

Bollocks it's semantics, they are two words with very different meanings. Whimsical and offended are your words, there is nothing whimsical about this. It's an interesting choice of words to describe people who disagree with the appropriateness of certain chants and infers a frivolousness and that's neither fair nor accurate. Only you know why you chose them.

The inference is that the individual is offended. Hence it is semantics. You can argue they merely disagree with the view point. But rarely is stopping doing something you were once fanatical about merely down to a disagreement of opinions. The only sensible conclusion is an offence has been caused. Hence it is semantics. Rest of that argument is therefore moot as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, well done.

Thanks.

It doesn't make any sense to me either. For starters, if anyone has a negative experience at Ibrox because of the actions of certain fans then it's easy enough to just try getting seats in different sections, a different stand etc. If you wanted to go to the extent of getting out of the stands completely (for whatever reason), then you could just get a hospitality package every now and then, but you wouldn't need to stop going completely.

Anyway, we might be struggling with freedom of speech in Scotland, but we still have freedom of choice on most things, so if someone genuinely chooses to stop going to Ibrox and stop being a Rangers fan, then that's their choice and I for one won't be party to judging them for their decisions.

I have a couple of people who have sat behind me at Ibrox for years, and the way they talk to and about an older lady who sits in front of me is disgusting just because she shouts quite a bit, it's really nasty personal stuff a lot rather than just disagreeing with her opinions.

Rangers fans or not it's likely you will get bad experiences in a crowd of so many people, human beings are not all the same by any stretch of the imagination. I go because I love my club and I do have friends at the games, if everyone around me happened to be like the idiots I mentioned then I'd move elsewhere like you mention Zappa.

Indeed I challenged a strange view point from you that I have explained twice previously. But you accused me of a dodging a question that I never had asked of me. Makes no sense.

It wasn't 'my point of view' it was a question, the curly thing with the dot under it at the end is the give-away. There was no point of view expressed there was a question asked which you quoted but didn't answer.

The inference is that the individual is offended. Hence it is semantics. You can argue they merely disagree with the view point. But rarely is stopping doing something you were once fanatical about merely down to a disagreement of opinions. The only sensible conclusion is an offence has been caused. Hence it is semantics. Rest of that argument is therefore moot as far as I am concerned.

Absolute rubbish! Any inference is deeply embedded in your head not anywhere else. You seem to disagree with me, am I to infer from that you are offended? Of course not because the two are simply not analogous. Your choice of language is curious, they clearly don't "merely disagree" they obviously strongly disagree, even fundamentally disagree, none of those suggest offence though. But by using words like 'offended' and 'whimsy' and 'merely' you play down and misrepresent what is clearly not a whim but a strongly held viewpoint or a matter of principle. There is nothing sensible about your conclusion.

Thanks.

Your welcome.

There's more football singing now than there's arguably been in the last 30 years, so it's a strange time to make the decision. Why not last year? 5 years ago? 10 years ago?

I have a couple of people who have sat behind me at Ibrox for years, and the way they talk to and about an older lady who sits in front of me is disgusting just because she shouts quite a bit, it's really nasty personal stuff a lot rather than just disagreeing with her opinions.

Rangers fans or not it's likely you will get bad experiences in a crowd of so many people, human beings are not all the same by any stretch of the imagination. I go because I love my club and I do have friends at the games, if everyone around me happened to be like the idiots I mentioned then I'd move elsewhere like you mention Zappa.

Crowd around me ain't to bad, but I do have this lad he will be about 11 I think, who is in and out of the row every 5 mins first couple of games it was funny by the end of a season I was pulling my hair out.

Yet here we are, 31 pages of slagging, accusing, counter accusing and belittling each other, all because a minority of our support insist on chanting obscene and offensive slogans at home to Queens Park. Yeah, what an atmosphere they've helped to create.

What obscene and offensive slogans did they chant?

If you're so outraged about a democratic vote being held then go to Holyrood and voice your disdain, or why not just move to North Korea?

I just want the UB's to sing Rangers songs, that's all.

So why not follow your own advice and join the UBs and you can influence what songs they sing?

So why not follow your own advice and join the UBs and you can influence what songs they sing?

Well, I've had my season book for over 20 years, same seat in the Club Deck, and don't fancy a move down to pitch level. I just got my 6yo son his first season book.

Thanks for the offer though, Deeks. :D