Say what you want about the Groin Brigade but I bet they don't sing about the IRA as much as the UB do (at Darkhead at least)

a very telling line from edges post above.

Telling in what way ? I would bet they do sing about the IRA or have banner's with reference to them at most games home and away.

So by your reckoning, it doesn't matter what they sing as long as it "creates an atmosphere"?

No not at all

Create an atmosphere all they want, keep the politics and Irish shite away from Ibrox.

Agreed

But by your reckoning all they sing is political/Irish songs?

Normally, I'd say we should be trying to keep politics out of football if possible, but I don't have a problem with UB or TBO in this case because the Gov' has stood by and done absolutely sweet Fanny Adams while a cabal of corrupt bastards have tried (and almost succeeded) to destroy Scotland's greatest football club and sporting institution. That's what's REALLY fucking shameful, not a bunch of lads chanting or signing some stuff in a football stadium.

No. Read all my posts again. This week was particularly "off topic" in regards to the songs.

Ach!, I won't bother,I wasn't there so shouldn't even be discussing it,but I do think these guys put a lot of effort,time and money into supporting thier team,ok sometimes some songs won't be to everyones liking but to slaughter them with such venom is shameful,IMO.

Over & out.

Ach!, I won't bother,I wasn't there so shouldn't even be discussing it,but I do think these guys put a lot of effort,time and money into supporting thier team,ok sometimes some songs won't be to everyones liking but to slaughter them with such venom is shameful,IMO.

Over & out.

Over the past 20odd years I've paid mega-money supporting the club and if a bunch of über fans sing things that I don't agree with then I'll voice my concern.

All I've said is keep the Irish pish and political pish away from the game.