Charles Green: Rangers property worth £80million

Only £80 million? He's slipping. Murray had them worth over £100m IIRC.

I wonder what the basis of the valuation is? Murray had them valued on a replacement cost basis which was a total irrelevance. If you own a house that would cost £300k to rebuild but you can only sell it at 200k because of the area it is in, what is it worth? 200K, of course. The fact that it would cost you more to rebuild than you can sell it for means absolutely nothing to anyone, other than perhaps an insurance company.

It's disappointing that Green is going down the same accounting road as Murray did.

Having been giving a valuation of the property assets at £80m he values the club at £25m and argues that it's a 'low' valuation.

Comparing the insurance valuation vs sale value of those properties to that of a house is a stretch to say the least, but all the same are you suggesting £25m isn't low enough?

Edited by UCF2008

This was fricking obvious from the start! I said this about a year ago. If a house next to Ibrox is worth say 80k then what is Ibrox with a listed building worth.

Charles Green on the ball again!

Who really cares , for a change we have a CEO who actually talks things up and we critisice the man , for years we have sneered at that prick liewell who never ceases to talk sepetic up to the stars , who seemingly if you believe the figures gets astranomical amounts for bang average players whilst we paid our better players to leave , can we not just have some fun for a while , its not like we will ever need to find out what the value ever is , as far as I am concerned IBROX IS PRICELESS

Who really cares , for a change we have a CEO who actually talks things up and we critisice the man , for years we have sneered at that prick liewell who never ceases to talk sepetic up to the stars , who seemingly if you believe the figures gets astranomical amounts for bang average players whilst we paid our better players to leave , can we not just have some fun for a while , its not like we will ever need to find out what the value ever is , as far as I am concerned IBROX IS PRICELESS

Thank f#*k somebody can see something different, instead of the usual lets have a sneer at Green.

“@PeterAdamSmith: Last week in my interview w/ Charles Green, the Rangers chief exec said he'd had the property valued at 80m and promised to show me proof.”

Quickly followed by....

“@PeterAdamSmith: Today, Charles Green showed me his proof of property valuation at Rangers. The report by DM Hall values it at just short of 80m pounds.”

The valutions from DM Hall and Lambert Smith Hampton are so far apart that it's as if they are from different solar systems.

DM Hall have previous form for inflating the value of Ibrox as Bluedell points out on the previous page (if only they were so generous in valuing my properties :( ).

Some pertinent need to be asked of DM Hall, Lambert Smith Hampton and Duff & Phelps regarding this matter, if I were a creditor I'd be in front of Lord Hodge screaming "gratuitous alienation".

The valutions from DM Hall and Lambert Smith Hampton are so far apart that it's as if they are from different solar systems.

DM Hall have previous form for inflating the value of Ibrox as Bluedell points out on the previous page (if only they were so generous in valuing my properties :( ).

Some pertinent need to be asked of DM Hall, Lambert Smith Hampton and Duff & Phelps regarding this matter, if I were a creditor I'd be in front of Lord Hodge screaming "gratuitous alienation".

As has been said before, value and what someone wants to pay are very different things. If there really was someone wanting to buy Ibrox for 100 million to create a supermarket Duff and Phelps would never have had permission to sell the assets in the first place.

As has been said before, value and what someone wants to pay are very different things. If there really was someone wanting to buy Ibrox for 100 million to create a supermarket Duff and Phelps would never have had permission to sell the assets in the first place.

No shit Sherlock, it's what I do for a living.

If somethings valued at over £100m one year, just over £1m the next then back up to £80m 6 months later then there's something very fishy going on.

Replacement cost for insurance purposes is not a true valuation, I have properties worth between £40-£50k yet they are valued at £550k on a replacement basis.