Over £17m Pledged

Are we sure all those registered are interested in Rangers' wellbeing and not imposters pledging?

Posted this yesterday:

+ + +

Herald of Scotland

Rangers share issue on course for target

THE Rangers share issue is on course to reach Charles Green's target of raising £20 million.

The initial public offering (IPO) was launched last week, and already interest in shares has been substantial.

The Herald understands that more than 7500 investors have registered with indicative pledges that would raise £15m.

The IPO prospectus has still to be released, and no investor will commit before seeing full details of the assets and financial health of the club, but sources at Ibrox are delighted with the response.

Supporters have been registering in their thousands for a prospectus. Only current and former season ticket holders, as well as former shareholders, are eligible to buy shares, with the minimum price set at £500.

Mr Green said all the money raised would stay with the club. The chief executive explained the early launch of the IPO by saying it would be cheaper to buy in now, though he had to issue an apology to Aston Villa for disparaging remarks and miscalculating their turnover.

I was just wondering whether some naughty Hooped Horrors wanted to drain our accounts by making a claim and receive a prospectus, but then I read the underlined bit.

+ + +

Have not seen this pledge site, so I don't know how it works and whether you have to prove your identity before pledging.

Posted this yesterday:

+ + +

Herald of Scotland

I was just wondering whether some naughty Hooped Horrors wanted to drain our accounts by making a claim and receive a prospectus, but then I read the underlined bit.

+ + +

Have not seen this pledge site, so I don't know how it works and whether you have to prove your identity before pledging.

It never asked me for my Rangers number, so I think that's a bit misleading. What it probably means is an e-mail went out from Rangers to all e-mail addresses they have.

Posted this yesterday:

+ + +

Herald of Scotland

+ + +

I think others can register for now but not sure. as I say I doubt more than a few yahoos have bothered but their will be journalists rangers fans only curious etc. actual take up will be much lower than the registered number.

I think others can register for now but not sure. as I say I doubt more than a few yahoos have bothered but their will be journalists rangers fans only curious etc. actual take up will be much lower than the registered number.

Maybe. I don't think £20m is an unrealistic target though. 40,000 at the minimum £500 each would do it.

We were told to expect less than 20,000 season tickets sales for the third division remember. A lot of people underestimate the loyalty of our support.