Over £17m Pledged

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2428-over-%C2%A317m-pledged

CHARLES GREEN has revealed that £17million has been pledged so far in terms of the Rangers share issue and insists that any fan who follows through is guaranteed shares.

The announcement was made last week of the IPO with the intention of raising £20million and the response from supporters has been huge.

Charles Green told RangersTV: â??It has been very encouraging and Iâ??m now seeing the passion and commitment of Rangers fans financially. We see it on the terraces, of course, but in these difficult financial times the response has been amazing.

â??In the last figures I saw a couple of days ago over 8000 fans had registered â?? with some 20000 fans on the website â?? and we have pledges of around £17million.

â??And by the time we get to the cut-off date that figure will have risen.

â??I would like to stress that any fan who backs up his or her pledge with a cheque will get their shares.

â??I have had some calls from people concerned about that because we said the IPO would be up to £20million but fans will get their shares.

â??Itâ??s much better than I expected. I donâ??t think anyone could have predicted the response and itâ??s testimony to what Rangers fans are about. They can see that the club is going in the right direction and this really is the icing on the cake.

â??I donâ??t think there is any doubt that we will know exceed our expectations.

â??Ally McCoist and I were at the AIM dinner last week following the announcements and we got a fantastic ovation and following the formalities we were chatted up by fund managers who are interested in meeting us when we do the formal roadshow which will be in about two weeksâ?? time.

â??I said back in May that would IPO and that we would have a very diverse share base where there wouldnâ??t be control for one person.

â??To my mind this is the most important and last step of promises we made in May.â?

WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW NOW ON RANGERSTV

I'd like to know which fund managers are interested... because I would steer clear of them for my own pension portfolio !

Football, at least in Scotland, is nowhere near profitable enough for it to be part of your pension fund.

I'd like to know which fund managers are interested... because I would steer clear of them for my own pension portfolio !

Football, at least in Scotland, is nowhere near profitable enough for it to be part of your pension fund.

The fund managers throwing themselves at Green stuff is probably a pile of horse shit mate. Remember, Green was saying to fans in presentations/speaches at meetings two weeks ago that he's got two fund managers waiting to invest £25m each. It's all sales patter to try to sell more shares in the IPO.