The Publicity Seeker, the President, the Professor and Phil

Rangers is a football club. Yes it may represent many things to many people but at its base it is just that. The fans that support the club are not an “underclass”. Many of them support the Monarchy, the Union and are fiercely patriotic to both Scotland and Britain. Some are Republicans and support Scottish independence. Some are white, some are Asian, and some are black. Some are men and some are women. Some are British, some are Irish, some are American, some are Argentinian. Many are Protestant, some are Hindu, some are Catholic and some are Sikh.

There you have it.

In a nutshell why even well prepared and committed detractors will never tarnish our reputation. This is what our club is all about.

Only by cultivating people I would have no wish to cultivate.

For the everyday Bluenose it's a hideous paradox. In order to play these people at their own game, I would be required to buy into Daily Mail Britishness.

But if I adopt a dignified silence, I get slaughtered by bluenoses.

Whatever I do, I end up feeling like I've just had a kicking off someone.

That's rubbish Andy, nobody is asking you to start waving the union flag and belt out Rule Britannia there asking you to stand up for your fellow fan, when downright lies are being printed and treated as fact. If you can't put your dislike about certain sections of Rangers fans aside to do that then the pricks in the OP have won already.

That is unless you believe some of the crap being written?

That's rubbish Andy, nobody is asking you to start waving the union flag and belt out Rule Britannia there asking you to stand up for your fellow fan, when downright lies are being printed and treated as fact. If you can't put your dislike about certain sections of Rangers fans aside to do that then the pricks in the OP have won already.

That is unless you believe some of the crap being written?

I don't know how to answer this because it doesn't relate to what I wrote in any way at all.

By 'cultivating people I have no wish to cultivate' I meant the journalists at the Mail, who would be interested should I put them in the direction of statements certain people make. By doing this, I'd be lowering myself to the level of the likes of Greenslade and Thomson, while exploiting a mindset (the Daily Mail mindset) with which I've little in common. Or, if I do nothing, I get called a handwringer.

I don't see how any of that is disliking certain sections of Rangers fans. Bit baffled, to be honest, Allan.

I don't know how to answer this because it doesn't relate to what I wrote in any way at all.

By 'cultivating people I have no wish to cultivate' I meant the journalists at the Mail, who would be interested should I put them in the direction of statements certain people make. By doing this, I'd be lowering myself to the level of the likes of Greenslade and Thomson, while exploiting a mindset (the Daily Mail mindset) with which I've little in common. Or, if I do nothing, I get called a handwringer.

I don't see how any of that is disliking certain sections of Rangers fans. Bit baffled, to be honest, Allan.

It was your second post I meant to quote and after reading it again I picked you up wrong mate, apologies. :thup: