What's going on with our merchandising?

First we've got Mike Ashley about to invest, which then develops into us ripping up the JJB deal and jumping into bed with sportsdirect.com who within a month were into the advanced stages of taking over JJB.

Meanwhile we've got Green telling us that we're close to signing a new shirt deal with Adidas. The last update on that one afaik was that talks are ongoing and it's between Adidas and Puma. Funny how this coincides with said JJB takeover stalling over an ongoing row between Ashley and Adidas since he swapped Newcastles strip from Adidas to rivals Puma.

The Rangers website currently lists no official merchandise partner and in fact doesn't even offer a link to purchase merchandise (beyond books, memorabilia etc.) online. We've got the club releasing strips and advising fans to buy direct from the club. That might be OK for locals, but what about the other 499 million?

puma is a hell of a come down from adidas. we have never ever been good at merchandising. god i hope it is going to be adidas.

Adidas would be my preferred choice, but tbh I wouldn't be too dissappointed with Puma.

The point is, who's running the show? Where does this leave the fans who want or have no option but to buy online? How much potential investment is the club currently missing out on in that regard?

Adidas would be my preferred choice, but tbh I wouldn't be too dissappointed with Puma.

The point is, who's running the show? Where does this leave the fans who want or have no option but to buy online? How much potential investment is the club currently missing out on in that regard?

i completely agree mate. we are neglecting our wonderful and loyal fans.

I just don't see any improvement over the JJB deal so far. We don't seem to have any more control over our merchandising than before. Maybe it's just taking time to setup the new infrastructure, but even if that's the case our return on merchandise for at least this season is suffering as a result.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Megastore performs better than usual, but can it be enough to cover the loss of the JJB money? I doubt it.

Have we got raw deal here and trumpeted it as a success. Time will tell I guess.