Are they through ?

Yes that puts the tims through. Because of their goals at OT they jump over united.

Celtic 9

Manu 9

Benfic 7

Because Manu and Benfica play each other, it is only possible for one team to jump over them.:sigh:

Plus if Benfica win and Copenhagen beat Celtic, Man Utd and Celtic will both be on the same points, but because Celtic scored twice at Old Trafford, they'll stay above them.

Is that not what i said in less words.;)

Hence my plus, I was merely adding to what you said, because someone could look at it and think "But Man Utd and Celtic could both end up on 9 points".

No need to get touchy.

Was just joking mate that is why i put the wink in. I realised what you were saying.

I felt a bit sick with seeing Celtic gloat at the final whistle but its a good result for us in terms of qualifying for the CL next season, so thats the only way to look at it. It also says a bit more about the SPL that they can beat Man U, so fair play to Strachan in that sense. As much as I cant stand Celtic I find Strachan a likeable character.

Man U dominated the first have but didnt have anything more than half chances. I see Balde is still a dirty bassa - he almost broke Scholes leg with that tackle.

Celtic stepped up in the 2nd half but Man U were still the team in control. Celtics first shot at goal went in from the free kick and that was it. What was Saha thinking about! Even if he did hear a whistle as a striker you shouldnt just stop! Then as for the Pen you knew he was missing it with the body language and the run up he was taking. Why oh why did Rooney not take it.

BTW Calscot, your earlier post saying it was a pleasure picking teams with midfields was spot on! I thought the same just watching the game. Both teams manage to play 2 upfront and a flat midfield where 3 of them get forward. That is non-exsistant with us and where our problems of killing teams off lies.

I felt that Man Ure were playing for the draw..... they had there eyes on the game this weekend..

They battered the scum in the first half but they did not take any chances - totally woeful infront of goal... Balde should have been off for that challenge that was a leg breaker - but we have seen them up here from the cnut for years and he still gets away with it.

Fair play to the scum though, took the chance when it came and it is only good news for Scottish football - they are the second scottish team to get to the knockout phase.

Ah but are they not the first Scottish team team to get through with the present rules which changed slightly in the summer??? ;)

Stachan's doing a pretty good job at Parkhead and makes you wonder why PLG is considered the best young manager around... Just shows that foreign is necessarily the best... Hopefully PLG can eventually overtake Strachan and we can have a competitive league and a pretty strong top two in Europe.

However it's also blown the "Scottish backbone" theory out of the water as Celtic only started with 2 Scots and brought 2 on as subs.

Lumping fuck, what was all that about?!?!?!

I missed the entire 2nd half and my heart sank when I got a text saying 'kamikaze has just scored for celtic'. No fuckin' way I thought!!!

Hopefully they finish 2nd now and get a harder game in the next round.