Im certainly getting up at 3am to watch this tonight. It will be fireworks. I only wish Man U werent playing Chelsea on Sunday as they might not risk players and could get injuries.

Id love to see a Rooney hattrick in a 3-0 romp but i think it will be closer. I read on the BBC that Fletcher is playing against the team he supported as a boy, i thought he was a Hibs fan.

The group is quite close and Man U still need 2 points to guarentee qualification but i expect they will get that easy from 2 games.

It obviously helps if the SPL if Celtic qualify but il be right behind Man Utd in this one.

Rio for the first goal at 33/1 :thup:

I've got a bad feeling that Celtic will win this one tonight. If that's the case then we'll never hear the end of it.

Hopefully Man Ure come out the blocks flying and attack Celtic. Teams always seem to defend when they goto Celtic Park.

Bad bad feeling about tonight though.

I think it's a no lose situation tonight, if Man U win the Tims shut up, if Celtic win, the English shut up. Living in England, I'd prefer the latter and it would be better for our coefficient especially as countries like Romania have zoomed ahead of us and we're now down to 12th.

The sweet spot is 9th where the champions automatically get into the CL and the runners up into the 3rd qualifier. That doesn't happen with 10th and 8th means you get 4 teams in the UEFA cup. While that sounds good it means our co-effs get divided by six and judging by how crap the non-OF teams are in Europe that would put our ranking back into free-fall.

Think Sir Alex will be field basically a full strength team against Celtic and because of that I expect them to win. After their shock loss against FC Copenhagen and their experiences last season they'll be wanting to get qualification to the next stage out of the way asap and by winning against Celtic they'd make certain of winning the group as well.

The fact that the game is today ( Tuesday ) and they don't play Chelsea till Sunday means they have the best part of a week to prepare themselves for that big game so can play all their big players tonight. I expect Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney to cause them serious problems. Scholes basically gets free role in the Man United team and think it will be upto Lennon to keep an eye on him. Add into this the fact that Rooney also likes to drop off the front and old gingernut could have his work cut out.

Malky

Think Sir Alex will be field basically a full strength team against Celtic and because of that I expect them to win. After their shock loss against FC Copenhagen and their experiences last season they'll be wanting to get qualification to the next stage out of the way asap and by winning against Celtic they'd make certain of winning the group as well.

The fact that the game is today ( Tuesday ) and they don't play Chelsea till Sunday means they have the best part of a week to prepare themselves for that big game so can play all their big players tonight. I expect Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney to cause them serious problems. Scholes basically gets free role in the Man United team and think it will be upto Lennon to keep an eye on him. Add into this the fact that Rooney also likes to drop off the front and old gingernut could have his work cut out.

Malky

agree with your analysis. lennon will have to be at his best not to have a torrid time. i would like a resounding man u win, but celtic are, no doubt, a decent side at home.

Celtic should also have Graveson and JVOH fit and on form as well as Miller back. I think that the first two really raise their level as a team and Miller adds the graft up front.

I think Celtic will go for:

.........................Boruc

.......Telfer...Balde...McManus...Naylor

Nakamura...Graveson...Lennon...McGeady

.....................Miller...Hesselink

Marshall, Caldwell, O'Dea, Sno, Jarosik, Maloney, Zurawski

(I think Beattie and Pearson must be injured/suspended)

BBC say Balde should replace the doubtful Caldwell.