Sfl away ticket distribution

In the case of a small ticket allocation for SFL away games should the ballot:  

18 members have voted

1. 1. In the case of a small ticket allocation for SFL away games should the ballot:

• be restricted in the first instance to those who have already bought an away ticket
    • be restricted in the first instance to those who have been unsuccessful in previous ballots
    • or should there be a completely open ballot amongst all season ticket holders
    • some other method of distribution (please specify in your reply)

Why mention it in your opening paragraph if the source of the information is hush hush?

I mentioned it to make the point that the Assembly do not speak for anything but a small minority of season ticket holders. On the basis of what I would be the first to admit is an extremely small sample on here, their view that away tickets should only be sold to those who have already purchased away tickets, is not supported in the poll. The opposite view is supported.

The information came from the Ticket Office but I wrote the article on the basis that the identity of the person would remain anonymous.

Ok, fair enough! :tu:

If you make any edits to the OP which you think it might need for going out to the public, I can publish it as an article with attached poll on our main site if you like.

Many thanks, Zappa that would be very helpful, as the purpose is to inform the Ticket Office of fans views, so as many contribute an opinion or take part in the poll the better.

I have taken out the (apparently) controversial figures and replaced with an alternative phrase, fixed some typos, addded a comment about QP/Hampden and otherwise brought it up to date.

Feel free to publish in the main site, hopefully when you transfer the poll it will still have the votes already cast.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Apparently Supporters Clubs as a whole still get 30% of the allocation and the number each club gets depends on the size of its membership. They are graded from A+ to somehting like N; those who run clubs will know the full picture. Astonsihingly up at Forres there was at least one guy with a handful of tickets on the main street (onlt street) around 12.30pm.

Didn't see you there BD!

We're a category 'A' RSC and are averaging an allocation of 2 tickets per game.

There were plenty of spares going round yesterday because initially our allocation was going to be 295 tickets which resulted in a fair amount of Bears obtaining home end tickets to cover themselves (this has been happening all season), subsequently the allocation was increased.

When the draw was made every man and his dog wanted tickets but with the apparent scarcity meant people just accepted they wouldn't get and made other plans. At the beginning of the week we had zero tickets yet come Friday night we're phoning around trying to put bums on seats!

The spares will have simply been because of a combination of the late distribution of Rangers end tickets and those who had covered themselves with home tickets trying to cut their losses.

We're a category 'A' RSC and are averaging an allocation of 2 tickets per game.

There were plenty of spares going round yesterday because initially our allocation was going to be 295 tickets which resulted in a fair amount of Bears obtaining home end tickets to cover themselves (this has been happening all season), subsequently the allocation was increased.

When the draw was made every man and his dog wanted tickets but with the apparent scarcity meant people just accepted they wouldn't get and made other plans. At the beginning of the week we had zero tickets yet come Friday night we're phoning around trying to put bums on seats!

The spares will have simply been because of a combination of the late distribution of Rangers end tickets and those who had covered themselves with home tickets trying to cut their losses.

Which all goes to show that a better system is urgently required.

I have to confess if it comes down to previous purchases i'd certainly consider trying to buy tickets as often as possible and sell them on to other bears if I can't go or don't want to (for the face value of course).

I know that's playing the system but my life just doesn't really allow me to be going to every away match, but I'd hope it can in the future. Being a season ticket holder i'm still contributing a fair bit i'd like to think.

I have to confess if it comes down to previous purchases i'd certainly consider trying to buy tickets as often as possible and sell them on to other bears if I can't go or don't want to (for the face value of course).

I know that's playing the system but my life just doesn't really allow me to be going to every away match, but I'd hope it can in the future. Being a season ticket holder i'm still contributing a fair bit i'd like to think.

That's an interesting way of looking at at it, SB, although in terms of the limited poll results so far, no one is in favour of that system.

Also you'll be fine so long as you CAN sell your ticket on, which is doubtful for places like Broadwood or Hampden for example and in any event may not be very convenient. AND it will work until the Club decide to do what they do for European games - only distribute the tickets at the location of the match :facepalm: